At the American Cancer Society, we’re leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our lifesaving mission. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
*This is a remote role, candidates for all US geographies will be considered.*
The Customer Insights Senior Analyst will manage Voice of the Customer (VoC) programs in close partnership with team leadership, including tracking progress, and making informed recommendations for optimization of the customer experience. As part of the Customer Insights team, the Senior Analyst will help drive strategic initiatives by executing stakeholder research plans, ensuring the customer is at the center of decision making.
Day-to-day, this person will receive robust information and analyze it, looking for telltale trends or areas for improvement. This person will be the daily lead for establishing and maintaining strong partnerships with VoC stakeholders across the organization, creating and maintaining the self-service dashboards that allow them to access relevant survey results in real time.
Insight resulting from this work will be used to assess performance, drive the organization’s strategic priorities, and help identify new opportunities based on customer feedback.
More specifically, the key focus of this position is to support the execution, maintenance, integration, and insights for our ongoing customer-focused research. This includes:
- Leverage data from VoC results by identifying common trends/behaviors across the customer segments as well as key drivers of their performance metrics
- Build and maintain intuitive, accessible dashboards to deliver the data to stakeholders, including user training and access management
- Manage the transfer and flow of multiple data sources and systems that comprise the dashboards, including Salesforce, survey platforms, donor analytics, and campaign measurements ensuring seamless interoperability and data integrity
- Develop an understanding of customer needs, pain points and barriers to identify customer experience improvement opportunities that support the overall strategic plan
- Analyze the data, providing recommendations to help business owners drive strategic growth, evidenced by measurable outcomes including NPS, Engagement, and Retention
- Code and synthesize unstructured data from customer surveys and other qualitative sources of customer feedback to provide a holistic view of the customer
- Cascade insights across the organization, as appropriate. Distribution of regular reports for key stakeholders
- Apply subject matter expertise to ensure all data measurement is completed with the highest quality and validity, ensuring data applicability and appropriateness within the organization
- Respond to periodic and ad-hoc requests for historical and/or custom data pulls
- Monitor secondary research sources and integrating findings for consumer trends, industry trends, brand/product/category developments, and competitive intelligence
Bachelor’s degree; 2+ years of market research/analytics experience at the agency or brand level with management experience of suppliers, clients or major projects.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on marketing research and data analysis experience
- Hands-on experience on Primary and Secondary research, including advanced analytics
- Exposure to both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Ability to conduct research and integrate analytics
- Experience in Power BI is preferred
- 2+ years of working knowledge with survey and reporting tools i.e. Qualtrics, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. 2+ years’ experience creating and sharing dashboards / data visualizations and reports
Demonstrates Marketing Competencies:
- Manages ambiguity – Operates effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Cultivates innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Plans and aligns – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Drives results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds effective teams – Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Drives vision and purpose – Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Approaches all work and interactions with diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind. Build all market research through the lens of inclusion and advancing understanding of issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proven ability to find the story in the data to bring powerful insights to the business
- Ability to transform complex data in to easily digested and actionable insight
- Comfortable working with high level strategic leaders withing the organization
- Ability to effectively interpret quantitative research and analysis
- Experience managing marketing research vendors
- Attention to quality control
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical thinking skills
- Self-motivated, independent individual who can perform well with little guidance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and influence others effectively.
- Consistent ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Specialized Training or Knowledge
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Qualtrics, InMoment, Medallia preferred
- Experience with SAS, SPSS or similar statistical package is preferred
- Experience with PowerBI strongly preferred
- Experience building queries in SQL or similar is preferred
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel will be limited (5% or less)The starting rate is $61,500 to $76,900 per year. The final candidate’s relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.