The Financial Underwriter 2 computes rates for both renewing and prospective moderate to complex group accounts focusing on Dental, Vision, Life and Disability. The Financial Underwriter 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Where you Come In
The Financial Underwriter 2 prepares a variety of financial reports for large accounts and provides rationale and support to other areas within the organization and to clients regarding rate computations and financial activity. Provides expense estimates and accurate analysis of financial exhibits. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
What Humana Offers
We are fortunate to offer a remote opportunity for this job. Our Fortune 100 Company values associate engagement & your well-being. We also provide excellent professional development & continued education.
Required Qualifications – What it takes to Succeed
- Minimum of 3 years of underwriting or financial analysis/risk analysis experience in the Dental, Vision, Life and Disability products
- Comprehensive understanding of risk pool management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience analyzing health related data
- Prior experience in underwriting
Additional Information – How we Value You
• Benefits starting day 1 of employment
• Competitive 401k match
• Generous Paid Time Off accrual
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Parent Leave
Work at Home Requirements
• To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
· At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
· Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
· Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
· Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
· Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
The compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$57,700 – $79,500 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of Benefits
Humana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.