The Copywriter SEO (remote) is responsible for writing copy that helps secure natural search engine rankings. This person will focus on copy for our existing website, as well as new web pages, blog articles, and for the UTI app. Additional projects may include YouTube video optimization, ad copy for social media channels, and email copy. This role will report to the Manager, Digital Content Marketing, and will work closely with the SEO Manager, UX team, and the Videographer.
- Write and edit copy that persuades both humans and search engines alike in order to help drive not only marketing success, but the success of the entire company
- Optimize video titles and descriptions for YouTube search in order to drive more views for prospects, and referral clicks to uti.edu
- Maintain a consistent voice across all digital channels to maintain brand consistency
- Write effective email copy (including subject lines, preheaders, and CTAs) that results in improved open rates and clickthrough rates
- Write effective social media ad copy that results in improved clickthrough rates
- Interview people effectively and efficiently in order to get the information you need to write effective blog posts
- Demonstrate passion for results, ability to research, and understands the balance between technically strong writing and creating an emotion connection with reader
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Journalism or Marketing) or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability required
- Minimum one – three years of experience in copywriting for blogs, websites, and digital channels (preferably at an advertising agency) strongly preferred
- Proven track record of writing SEO copy that performs at a high level preferred
- Experience in the Education and/or Automotive industry is a plus
- Write engaging website copy (email and social media copy is a plus)
- Experience optimizing video titles and descriptions for YouTube search
- Ability to work with internal team members, agency partners, and other vendors
- An insatiable curiosity about writing copy that drives results
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with CMS tools is a plus
- Firm grasp of the English language, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where things can change quickly
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 25% or less of the workday. Occassionally, up to 50 pounds 5% of workday.
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday.
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, and reason.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment. However, occasional on location work or outdoor work is required.
- Corporate home office environment.
- Regular business hours, occasional overtime.
- Periodic travel required, approximately 5%.
- Normal physical activity including movement, hearing, seeing and communication