This is a remote, home-based position. Candidates from all US Geographies will be considered.
- Responsible for creative design and execution of relevant, science-based content that offers value and support for health-related professionals (clinicians, nurses, social workers, public health professionals, payors, providers, etc.)
- Includes targeted and tailored content for resources, toolkits, digital media, curricula, print/digital materials, PowerPoint presentations, social media messaging, etc.
- Content development includes translation of complex information into engaging, creative, presentable, and understandable content at appropriate levels for the intended audiences.
- Work with the professional content team to design compelling and engaging materials derived from content outlines, copy documents, stakeholder feedback, or existing collateral.
- Help lead special digital content projects for professional content
- Collaborate with Professional Content team and other departments to oversee the continuous improvement of professional content on digital platforms
- Work with Managing Director, Professional Content to plan production strategy for new and existing medical content:
- Identify information gaps, overlaps, and areas of content that need reorganization or streamlining
- Analyze potential projects: define scope, identify dependencies, and recommend approach.
- Provide digital strategy and support for the creation and ongoing management of professional content on cancer.org and other web properties
- Ensure the professional content production team is familiar with tools and processes in place to create, edit, and publish content in print and digital formats.
- Responsible for graphic design and execution of all professional content for digital and print professional content.
- Establish workflow procedures.
- Establish and communicate best practices for web writing, including formatting for readability, search engine optimization, accessibility compliance, and use of hyperlinks.
- Support Content team by troubleshooting technical problems — providing additional training, documentation, or reporting/escalating bugs as needed.
- Evaluate medical content:
- Recommend best approaches to enhance design and layout of print, digital, and web pieces
- Oversee layout of new and existing landing pages, creating or editing landing page copy as needed.
- Lead special digital content projects for medical content on cancer.org and other web properties:
- Advise on appropriate site structure, page layout, component usage, calls-to-action, and linking.
- Ensure consistency of language with other cancer information content and sections.
- Act as Cancer Control stakeholder and point of contact for creative, SEO, and technical requests stemming from these projects — overseeing requirements, acceptance criteria, testing, and deployment.
- Act as a point of contact on cross-departmental workgroups focused on the continuous improvement of cancer.org:
- Work with the Accessibility Workgroup to ensure compliance, and communicate requirements to the editorial team.
- Work with the SEO team to establish and maintain a sustainable approach to continuous SEO improvement for medical content.
- Work with the User Experience team to establish a sustainable approach to continuous user experience improvement for medical content.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred, preferably in fine arts, graphic design, media design, computer/information technology, web-development, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3+ years-experience with creative/production work.
- Professional experience in a medical or health-care field preferred.
- Adult learning expertise preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML, web design processes, and best practices in user interface and user experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software and related apps.
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Excellent creative, design, and production knowledge, insight, and experience.
- Able to take complicated material and modify it for a professional audience.
- Able to translate creative feedback from team members, external stakeholders, or senior leadership into design execution.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to think creatively.
- Able to see relationships, anticipate issues, and find solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership skills, communication skills, and the ability to motivate, negotiate, and influence others.
- Able to work independently or in a team environment, with writers, editors, and medical professionals at all levels.
- Excellent computer/Internet literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Adobe, and experience with content management systems and publishing tools.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
The starting rate is $70,000 – $72,000. The final candidate’s relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.