Salary Range:$46,000.00 To 63,000.00 Annually
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Specialist, Graphic Design. Working as a member of the Marketing and Communications department, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, the Graphic Design Specialist plays a key role for the American Lung Association marketing team by creating a multitude of creative digital and print assets. This role will be responsible for delivering polished assets utilizing innovative design that aligns with digital channel specifications as well as brand guidelines to create the best brand experience and will specialize in digital graphics both still and animated.
- The preferred location for this role is Chicago, IL but we are also considering remote applicants and encourage candidates in any location in the United States to apply.
- Build the American Lung Association brand through quality, thoughtful design. Provide creative digital assets through nationwide channels, including (but not limited to): social media graphics, infographics and animated GIFs. Collaborate with the video production team to create best-in-class video graphics as necessary. Optimize all creative work to digital channel specifications.
- Create and deliver regional design requests of all natures. Deliver thoughtfully crafted content. Assist with collateral design development that is in line with related materials and maintains brand consistency. Ensure all designs follow brand guidelines.
- Keep digital creative files for the team systemized, organized and archived on an ongoing basis. Ensure all digital creative is optimized to digital channel specifications.
- From concept to finished product, proactively communicate and collaborate with members of the marketing & communications team and other stakeholders to bring ideas to life.
- Identify and act on opportunities. Research consumer marketplace trends and competitors’ activities to bring new ideas to the table.
- Continue developing creative skills through ongoing education of marketing technology, digital trends and new processes.
- Attend weekly meetings and track all projects in order to keep supervisor informed of current workload. Utilize the established ticketing system for tracking deliverables and to provide KPIs.
- Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented work environment by understanding and complying with the organization’s policies and values and being a brand ambassador for the American Lung Association.
- Degree or certificate in related field required.
- Minimum of 4+ year’s job-related experience on a creative services team inside a marketing department or advertising agency
- Demonstrate knowledge of design principles (i.e.: hierarchy, grid, typography, photo / image retouching, user experience)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Canva and Figma experience is a plus.
- Experience with use of a customer service ticketing service for execution and communicating design solutions a plus.
- Experience creating scalable assets across email, web and social for end-to-end digital experiences
- Copywriting experience a plus
- Should possess a passion for great work in a team environment.
- Familiar with responsive design principles to render digital assets for multiple devices including desktop computers, laptops, tablets and phones.
- Familiar with design best practices for organic and paid social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Manage timelines of multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail and deadlines – possess strong project management skills
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form, including vaping.
Compensation: Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. The target hiring range for this position is between $46,000 and $63,000 per annum.
Benefits: The Lung Association offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Leave – 10 vacation days in the first year (15 days thereafter), 2 personal days and 15 sick days per year, as well as 12 company-paid holidays per year. We also offer Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees.
- Insurance – Employees (and their eligible dependents) can enroll in our medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as voluntary plans for critical illness, accident, hospital indemnity, short-term disability and supplemental life/AD&D insurance. Employees will be enrolled in company-paid life/AD&D and long-term disability Insurance coverage.
- Retirement Plan – Eligible employees can participate in our 401(k) Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, which offers matching employer contributions (up to 4%) and year-end discretionary non-elective contributions.