At ACT Your Work Makes a Difference
Education has power – a power that changes lives forever. It creates opportunities that lift up individuals, their families, and sparks societal change that echoes through generations to come. From our grassroots we have fought the good fight for equity in education, and we remain devoted to helping anyone who struggles to access that power. This is what matters to us and we must do better – we’ve never been more sure of our purpose.
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success. Advancing the mission internally, by helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own, is core to our values. ACT values a diverse workplace and is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable environment in which every team member has an opportunity to grow.
We want our team members to have the well-being and confidence they need to do their best work. To support this, our total rewards include company paid life insurance, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 403B with company contributions, paid holidays, paid time off, and so much more. You can find a comprehensive list of our benefits here.
You will be joining the ACT Proposal Management team, a fully remote group of hard-working individuals, within the Sales organization.
Work location: This is a remote position.
The Finalist will be hired a salary commensurate with their qualifications. For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary in the range of $60,000 to $75,000. ACT manages salaries within the range based on relevant factors including, skills, experience, and internal equity. The position is not incentive eligible.
The Proposal Content Manager is responsible for the content components of the proposal process and works in collaboration with others on the Proposal Management team and in other departments in support of ACT’s responses to competitive solicitations.
What you will be working on:
- Content Management Library: Develop, implement, and manage a robust content management strategy and plan for the proposal team, including organizing, categorizing, and maintaining a comprehensive library of proposal content.
- Content Curation and Maintenance: Collaborate with subject matter experts and proposal team members to identify, gather, curate, and maintain high-quality content for the library, ensuring it is accurate, up-to-date and aligned with ACT’s messaging and brand guidelines.
- Version Control and Quality Assurance: Establish and enforce version control processes to track content revisions, updates, and archiving of content. Conduct regular quality assurance checks to ensure content accuracy, consistency, and compliance.
- Content Accessibility and Searchability: Implement efficient and user-friendly systems or tools to facilitate easy access, retrieval, and searchability of content within the library, enabling proposal team members to find and utilize relevant content efficiently.
- Collaboration and Training: Work closely with proposal team members and subject matter experts to provide training and guidance on effectively utilizing the content management library.
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly assess and improve content management processes and systems, staying current on industry best practices and emerging technologies. Propose enhancements to optimize content organization, retrieval, and usage.
- Compliance and Security: Protect sensitive or confidential information stored in the content management library.
- Support Proposal Responses: Support bids by creating and populating response templates, formatting and editing text, completing forms, and drafting some sections of the response as needed, such as cover letters and corporate capabilities.
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in content management, with at least a year of experience in a proposal environment
- Proficiency in content management systems or tools, with an ability to implement and optimize systems for content organization and retrieval
- Familiarity with proposal development processes and an understanding of proposal content requirements and best practices
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to streamline processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and propose innovative solutions
- Exceptional editorial and document management skills, including adhering to style, grammar, usage, and branding required
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritize competing tasks and deadlines with a focus on quality and timely delivery
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to change and navigate ambiguity
- Proven communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to be both an individual and team contributor
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Experience with Adobe
- Skills and knowledge required for success in this position attained through experience, education (Bachelor’s degree in Business, English, Communications, Marketing, or a related area) or combination of both
It’s a plus if you have:
- Knowledge of AI-enabled features within proposal content management systems
- Experience implementing a content management system
- Previous end-to-end proposal management experience
- Completed content management or proposal training/courses
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry—helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life’s transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We’re doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we’re all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That’s why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.