We’re looking for an SEO Updates Coordinator to join PS within Vox Media. As a member of the editorial team, you’ll focus on optimizing our .com archive to reach the largest audience possible, improve SEO rankings, and ensure the accuracy of all of our content.
This person will perform revisions, updates, and rewrites of articles in our archive, make sure they are optimized for search audiences, increase recirculation and traffic, and have the right calls to action, including related links.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer, who is knowledgeable and passionate about SEO, has strong editorial instincts and judgment, as well as an eye for details and a passion for analytics-driven content optimization.
This is a full-time position reporting into the Senior SEO Editor.
WHO WE ARE
POPSUGAR creates inspirational and accessible lifestyle content that helps our audience live more balanced and fulfilling lives. Our coverage is rooted in real-life stories, first-person perspectives, and expert-backed advice. We embody positivity, honesty, and straightforwardness across our content, from hype-checking the latest beauty treatments and workouts to curating the products and trends worth your time and money.
POPSUGAR is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ensure on site content archive is optimized to rank and meet search intent, and maximize internal traffic and time spent on site
- Optimize existing content to drive SEO traffic by updating copy and imagery according to SEO guidelines and brand standards
- Review search fields on priority existing stories to ensure the use of proper keywords and SEO best practices in partnership with the POPSUGAR SEO team
- Optimize our archive of articles to highlight related content for our audience, leading to increased recirculation, affiliate, and time on site — with a particular focus on Lifestyle content
- Act as newsroom expert on best SEO practices for headlines, taxonomy, and internal linking
WHO YOU ARE
- 1+ years of experience writing and editing SEO content in digital media
- Super strong writing and communication skills
- An expert on SEO best practices, keyword research, and how to write strong search content that can rank
- Familiar with SEO tools like Google Trends and Keywords Everywhere
- Exercise sound judgment on coverage, resulting in content that drives traffic and engagement
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proactive self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is remote.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s skills and experience.
$50,000—$60,000 USD. APPLY HERE