We are seeking an experienced paralegal to join our Legal Services Team and provide support to MetLife’s Legal Affairs department. The successful candidate must possess exceptional written, verbal, and organizational skills with a keen eye for attention to detail demonstrating professionalism with a focus on first-rate customer service, strong legal acumen, sound judgment, and ability to maintain a high volume of work effectively. The incumbent will have a growth mindset and agility in learning through collaboration and working autonomously. Experience working at a large law firm or corporation is preferred with proficiency in legal research and technology.
- Draft, review, revise contracts and other legal documents and ability to communicate terms of agreements.
- Maintain databases in conjunction to policies, procedures, records, and other information including tagging with metadata and running reports.
- Review and revise confidential agreements and contracts in accordance with corporate standards.
- Assist with periodic and annual filings for various matters.
- Aid in corporate governance tasks such as drafting consent, entity management, biographical affidavits, etc.
- Coordinate, monitor, and manage progress on multiple deliverables with capability of anticipating issues and knowing when to escalate issues.
- Assist attorneys and stakeholders in a variety of projects participating in meetings and huddles.
- Provide multifaceted support as needed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Diverse and savvy technical skills working with tools including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, Workshare Compare, Lexis, web-based applications, and other legal systems
- Draft, review, and/or analyze routine legal documents as requested
- Proficiency in legal research, understanding of legal concepts, sharp analytical skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, and organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail
- and interpersonal skills
- Strong workload and time management being agile in shifting demands and tight deadlines for multiple tasks
- Innovative in process analysis and improvement
- Ability to work independently and as a team fostering a productive work environment
- Continuously refine, develop, and expand skills in anticipation of changes in the work environment or profession
- 3+ years of paralegal experience
- Paralegal Degree or certificate from an ABA accredited institution and/or college degree
- Notary Public (or willingness to obtain one)
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
The wage range for applicants for this position is $46300 to $78000. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms. APPLY HERE