Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
This is a full-time telework position open to candidates anywhere in the United States.
CVS Health is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. As a Senior Accountant, you will prepare and distribute periodic financial statements for users other than those directly employed by the organization. Ensure all reports and disclosures comply with applicable government regulations, professional standards, and organization policies. Prepare consolidation journal entries, eliminates intercompany transactions, and consolidates divisional and subsidiary financial accounts in a timely and accurate basis for inclusion in internal and external financial statements.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Administer the financial reporting framework to provide guidelines on how financial statements should be prepared to ensure quality and consistency.
- Analyze complex financial information to provide insights to business units to support the decision-making process.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of financial forecasting processes to project future revenues, expenses, and cash flows.
- Conduct routine calculations to interpret financial ratios to assess the profitability, liquidity, and solvency of the organization.
- Configure tools and software to calculate financial ratios and perform trend, scenario, and variance analysis.
- Control the data collection process through the implementation of accounting software or an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Design a complex well-structured chart of accounts to record and categorize financial transactions.
- Develop complex financial KPIs to measure and monitor the financial performance of the organization.
- Examine data over multiple periods of time to identify patterns, growth rates, and changes in key financial metrics.
- Preparation of journal entries
- Prepare account reconciliations with the ability to data mine and summarize transactions in a clear and concise manner
- Verifying accuracy of the general ledger and to be able to effectively communicate results to management
- Perform timely variance analysis for Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts
- Completion of accurate and timely financial reporting and be able to identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Completion of various quarterly reporting requirements to corporate office
- Present financials to leadership during month end close calls
- Prepare monthly reports/schedules for analysis and summarize for leadership review
- Provide and prepare accounting support to external auditors for audit
- Submit invoices for payment
- Complete ad-hoc projects as necessary
- This individual will need to be able to make decisions, multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and be able to communicate effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Can accurately trace and analyze what has occurred on a specific account, and show/explain what happened
- Can manipulate data in excel for financial analysis and presentation of data
- Gathers and compiles data for analysis and independently conducts basic financial reporting & analysis
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Self-directed; capable of completing tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Possesses analytical skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5 years work experience for externals
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or finance with an emphasis on month end close and analysis
- Certificate in Financial Reporting & Analysis preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Accounting or Finance Degree preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
The typical pay range for this role is:
$43,700.00 – $100,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.