Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years. We provide investment, retirement, and life insurance solutions to more than 11 million customers throughout the U.S. But the way we see it, our responsibility goes beyond our clients’ accounts. We’re in the business of helping people live well and empowering them to create a better tomorrow through the financial and health-related habits they form today. We help people prepare by providing solutions that consider the whole picture.
What We Do
Transamerica is organized by lines of business (Life Insurance, Annuities, Mutual Funds, Retirement Plans, Employee Benefits, and Financial Assets), which are supported by Transamerica Corporate (Corporate Development; Finance; Internal Audit; Legislative, Regulatory & Policy; Office of the CEO; People, Places & Brand; Risk; and Technology).
Job Description Summary
Performs accounting, financial reporting and analysis functions, Responsible for applying financial analysis knowledge and judgment to activities that are routinely performed.
- Performs professional financial analysis work, which involves: extracting financial data from various accounting and information systems, compilation, consolidation and appropriate analysis of financial data.
- Analyze, test and verify information compiled is correct and/or reasonable based upon accounting and financial analysis knowledge.
- Respond to requests received from management and other departments.
- Understands the flow of information and uses that knowledge to troubleshoot problems.
- Participates in monthly accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Explains to others how analysis was produced and or reported.
- Updates financial reports/models for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Assists with project work and may serve as a member of divisional project team.
- Responsible for adherence to the company’s framework of internal controls.
- Improve procedures, update and organize documentation of reporting and planning processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent work experience.
- Up to 2 years of experience, with degree.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Working knowledge of financial area preferred (for example, investments, insurance products, premium).
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, customer service approach.
- Detail-oriented, accurate; analytical, work effectively individually and within a team, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fast paced deadline-driven environment.
- Commuting Remote employees will need to report to a Company office location at times, but will perform their work primarily remotely.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to applicable pay transparency and compensation posting laws. It is estimated based on what a successful candidate might be paid in certain Company locations.**
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $48,500 – $64,000 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential qualifications and operational needs. Salary may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by applicable law.
Additionally, this position is typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company discretion.
What We Offer
For eligible employees, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support both the personal and financial well-being of our employees.
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus for Eligible Employees
- Pension Plan
- 401k Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Career Training & Development Opportunities
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits
- Paid Time Off starting at 160 hours annually for employees in their first year of service.
- Ten (10) paid holidays per year (typically mirroring the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) holidays).
- Be Well Company holistic wellness program, which includes Wellness Coaching and Reward Dollars
- Parental Leave – fifteen (15) days of paid parental leave per calendar year to eligible employees with at least one year of service at the time of birth, placement of an adopted child, or placement of a foster care child.
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Coach Program
- Back-Up Care Program
- PTO for Volunteer Hours
- Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Inclusion and Diversity Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Peer Recognition Program (BRAVO)