Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the Healthcare industry? Are you competitive and self-motivated? Zipari is seeking a detail oriented Payroll Specialist to oversee all facets of payroll and expenses for Zipari team members. You will have an opportunity to provide expert support, by responding to team member requests, process personnel changes, manage bimonthly payroll processes, oversee reporting and compliance, respond to questions or issues and provide timely follow up to deliver quality service and the best possible experience to our Zipari community.
This position reports directly to our Controller (an incredible human being!) and allows you the flexibility to work from your home office!
As a Payroll Specialist, your typical day will look like this:
- Enter and process (in-house) the bi-monthly payroll through ADP Workforce Now.
- Enter and maintain employee data, update payroll records (pay and tax rates, garnishments, deductions and fringes).Track salary adjustments, sick and vacation time.
- Assure accurate and timely filing of all federal, state, and local taxes as well as annual W-2’s.
- Research and resolve pay issues.
- Owning the employee expense reimbursement process in Concur. Provide support in the month/quarter/year end processes and/or audits.
- Review and maintain Secretary of State and Department of Revenue reporting requirements for multiple states.
- Assist with Franchise and other corporate tax filings.
- Manage communications from outside agencies, including various state unemployment agencies.
- Assist with convergence of Healthx compliance to Zipari.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience; specifically, around payroll and compliance.
- Strong knowledge of ADP preferred.
- Strong Excel skills required, previous experience with system integrations and uploads a plus.
- Ability to work independently and follow assignments through to their conclusions.
- Accurate and organized record keeping.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with various groups.
- Proven ability to multitask while paying strict attention to detail.
- Customer-centric, customer-focused, motivated by continuous improvement and knowledge-sharing.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving, application, usability and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Why Join Us
- Entrepreneurial Culture: You will be working with serial entrepreneurs that value innovative market approaches and strong critical thinking abilities.
- Work/Life: I know. Every organization says they have a great work/life culture BUT . . . Our clients pay us for results (not work hours), we provide complete autonomy to deliver results that seamlessly fit into your lifestyle.
- Professional Development: Work for a company that believes that professional development is a key driver to team member satisfaction and engagement. Participate in workshops, book clubs, and other learning and development activities.
- You’re Making a Difference: You’ll spend your days building relationships with professionals in leading healthcare organizations across the country providing them with solutions that impact the health, safety, and well-being of their patients and the quality of the care that they provide.
Zipari is committed to a diverse workplace and equal opportunity. We understand that the products we build and the work that we do is better and greater when it is inclusive of varied experiences, skills, and perspectives. We encourage everyone whose experience is close to what we are looking for to apply and allow our team to get to know you.