Employer: Mercury Banking
Mercury is building a bank for startups. This turns out to be a pretty wild endeavor, so we’re looking to bring someone smart onto our compliance team to help us out.
As an Onboarding Specialist, you’ll be focused on getting bank accounts open for startups from all over the world. These companies will range from the latest hot Silicon Valley tech startup cracking cheap space travel to a Peruvian farm growing sustainable coffee, so you’ll be exposed to a pretty wide range of characters and ideas.
You’ll make getting a bank account for a startup easier than buying groceries, and you’ll also sniff out and catch bad actors, balancing protection of our company with a great user experience.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Review and enter business data for companies that have signed up for Mercury.
- Gain a deep understanding for the types of customers who are signing up and how we can adjust the product and user experience to match their needs.
- Talk directly with founders about signup questions and incorrect application data.
- Analyze data, documents, and online presence to form a holistic picture of applicants and figure out how we can develop systems to qualify companies automatically.
- Develop an unfailing eye for potential fraud and risky users and come up with sensible ways to productize it.
- Gain an encyclopedic knowledge of business and identification document types.
- Figure out how to improve product and processes to make onboarding unthinkably smooth.
- Investigate tools that could make your job easier.
- Write clear documentation on current processes and help train future teammates.
- Help with other compliance and customer tasks.
- Have experience reviewing business sign-ups or have confidence you can learn quickly.
- Write with clarity and purpose.
- Pay extremely close attention to detail.
- Work with efficiency and focus.
- Understand how to keep an organized, clean inbox.
- Love problem solving and making teams, product, and processes more efficient.
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Enjoy thinking about how to automate as much of your job as possible.
- Have a strong product sense.
- Keep track of what you’re working on even when you’re working on a hundred different things.
- Be curious about the US banking system.