The Full-Charge Bookkeeper [also known as Account Manager] will work directly with clients, as well as team members to handle accounts payable, accounts receivable, and complete action items for clients. This position may have some supervisory responsibilities. He/she will possess at least 3 years experience in business management, knowledge of bookkeeping concepts, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. A successful candidate goes above and beyond to proactively help the team when needed.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Has direct client contact
- Review mail, email, and other communications daily for actionable items, such as checks, invoices, notices, etc. and communicate timely to team lead
- Responsible for cash management, including cash transfers and managing cash balances
- Enter/Review client’s invoices into accounting software and pay bills timely on an ongoing basis
- Prepare wire transfers accurately and timely
- Process, record, and review bank deposits into correct entities/accounts
- Run payroll
- Review and reconcile intercompany activity between multiple entities
- Review monthly bank reconciliations timely and accurately prepared by assistant bookkeeper
- Prepare/Review cash receipt and disbursement report and send to client timely
- Reviews AR Aging Report and follows up as necessary
- Assist with preparation for financial statements
- Assist with clients’ medical insurance reimbursements, as needed
- Prepare/Assist with team lead of annual 1099 filings
- Coordinate with third party payroll company to report periodic payroll runs, as needed
- Review payroll tax returns prepared by payroll company to the general ledger, as needed
- Assist and prepare Tax & License forms such as City Business License Returns, Secretary of State Statements of Information and Business Personal Property, as needed
- Collaborate with team lead to prepare credit applications (mortgages, autos, etc.), as needed
- Collaborate with team lead in communications with property & casualty insurance brokers, as needed
- Communicate with clients’ vendors to resolve billing inquiries (telephone company, cable, etc.), as needed
- Consistently attend team meetings to be informed of client needs
BUT WAIT… THERE’S MORE!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High school diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- At least 3 year(s) of experience working in Business Management
- Datafaction/AgilLink knowledge is a plus
- Has knowledge of bookkeeping concepts
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment through collaboration and partnership.
- Client service oriented.
- Excellent typing skills for all data entry (productivity and efficiency is a priority for this job)
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under operational deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook