The Financial Crimes Lead Analyst is responsible for the monitoring of potentially unusual banking transactions by reviewing customer account activity in order to identify and evaluate atypical activity, and to escalate any suspicious activity for further investigation.
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $116,100.00 and up to $161,300.00. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Leverages data to identify anomalies, including through the implementation of portfolio reviews as a plus
- Reviews activity of assigned accounts using software monitoring tools to detect atypical or suspicious activity.
- Reaches out to customers to understand customer behavior and to obtain any additional details pertinent to evaluating activities under review.
- Makes a determination whether the transactions should be filed as unusual activity.
- Formulates and documents detailed comments on accounts that were reviewed and determined not to meet definitions of unusual activity.
- Conduct, and perform a variety of investigation types, including e.g. Transaction Monitoring no-file and UAR alerts, Bank Referrals, and/or Fraud referrals.
- Performs other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Assist with disposing cases according to agreed upon business Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required
To thrive in this role, you have
- Prior experience with Fraud and/or AML investigations, with a preference for both, including the ability to identify potential unusual activity, draft Unusual Activity Reports, and train others on these processes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task, maintain accuracy, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills, with abilities in analyzing data patterns and investigating customer transactions.
- Self starter possessing the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy with the ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Unusual/Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements preferred
- Proficiency with, or ability to quickly gain proficiency with, banking account monitoring and compliance software tools, Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word).
- 7+ years banking, risk management, or fraud detection/investigation experience.
- CAMS certification is a plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.