While some roles may require proximity to our San Francisco or Dallas offices, remote roles can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA and WI.
Hazel partners with schools and families to provide physical and mental virtual health care that helps students feel better and get back to learning. As telehealth becomes more and more relevant in the lives of children, Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth. Our innovative response to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare has been recognized by Fast Company as “one of the world’s most innovative places to work” in 2023.
Helping students and their families feel better takes a team of smart, dedicated people. As an integral member of the Hazel team, you will…
- Make an Impact: Work with a team that is increasing equitable access of quality health care experiences for students and their families
- Enable Scale: Work with a team that is building and professionalizing a high growth high impact social enterprise
- Feel Valued: Work with a team that is being compensated competitively, developed professionally, and celebrated frequently for making a meaningful difference
We are searching for an Account Receivable Manager who is passionate and knowledgeable about best practices in health plan billing, and excited to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment. With our continued growth, we are seeking a team member who can bring their expertise to Hazel’s unique clinical delivery model and implement new processes as we scale, including leading our continued technology advancement for revenue cycle.
The AR Manager will support various functions of the Hazel Revenue Operations team, including supporting the revenue cycle team by reconciling accounts, preparing financial reports related to accounts receivable, and collaborating with other departments to streamline billing procedures and improve collection efficiency. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members are crucial for success in this role at Hazel Health.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor accounts receivable aging reports to identify overdue accounts and coordinate follow-up, clarification, and collection efforts.
- Create and utilize spreadsheets and other tools to track and analyze data.
- Reconciliation: Regularly reconcile accounts receivable to identify discrepancies and resolve issues.Handle inquiries and resolve payment-related issues from vendors and/or payers.
- Prepare and present financial reports and analyses related to accounts receivable to management.
- Identify opportunities to improve billing and accounts receivable processes and implement best practices.
- Ensure that the billing and accounts receivable practices align with relevant accounting principles and regulations.
- Communicate and collaborate with Credentialing and Contracting teams to identify and address issues leading to billing errors or outstanding accounts receivable
What excites us:
- 3+ years of experience with AR management
- 3+ years of accounting and bookkeeping experience preferred
- Billing and Coding certification preferred
- 2+ years experience in insurance verification with experience in Medicaid, Managed Medicaid and commercial payers across multiple states. 3+ years or more experience with Google Suites (google sheets, google docs)
- 1+ years experience with Change Healthcare or other online eligibility healthcare tools
- 3+ years experience with claims adjudication/follow-up
- Experience navigating state Medicaid, Managed Medicaid, and commercial insurance portals
- Highly detail-oriented and comfortable with insurance, claims, and other data sources
- Ability to understand how job performance affects the outcomes of key performance indicators such as billing rates, denials, and write-offs.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent decision making and time management skills
- Ability to meet remote work expectations, including but not limited to active participation in virtual meetings and real-time communication via Slack
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, especially in a virtual work environment.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive including a base salary range of 65,000 to 80,000, a 401k match, healthcare coverage, paid-time off, and a broad range of other benefits and perks. Peruse our benefits at Hazel Health Benefits.
Our Hiring Process:
At Hazel, we value your time and aim to run a hiring process that takes no more than 4 weeks, involving interview activities customized for each role and requisite skill set. We understand that interviewing for a new job can be a big change and the Hazel Recruitment Team is excited to guide you through this process.
We believe talent is everywhere, and so is opportunity. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Dallas, we have embraced working remotely throughout the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our San Francisco or Dallas offices, remote roles can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA and WI. Please only apply if you live and work full-time in one of the states listed above or plan to relocate to one of these states before starting your employment with Hazel. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.