As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Payroll Analyst
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
The Payroll Analyst will support the Global Payroll Manager in coordinating the day-to-day operations and payroll inputs for the United States and Global Payroll with a high level of statutory compliance and solid partnership with stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Support the payroll team for all activities involved in the payroll cycle, including reviewing employee payroll changes in payroll, reconciliation, and audit periodic payroll reports.
- Analyze new and existing tax jurisdictions to ensure compliance. Partner with legal, accounting/finance and the Global Payroll Manager to set up new jurisdictions after researching requirements. Ensure continual tax compliance with periodic, quarterly, and annual tax filings by resolving any exceptions with ADP tax filing service.
- Perform audits of timekeeping data to ensure adherence to federal and state compliance requirements.
- Audit/review integrations between timekeeping and payroll systems to ensure data integrity.
- Serve as a backup to the global payroll for payroll processing as needed.
- Gather and distribute payroll data as required for internal and external payroll audits.
- Assist Global Payroll Manager in evaluating current payroll processes and implement improvements.
- Backup Payroll and Accounting Specialist as needed for day-to-day payroll operations.
- Manages agency tax notices and research discrepancies with ADP to ensure compliance.
- Prepare and process payroll for multiple states, each with unique structures. A combined total of roughly 800 employees with varying pay frequencies; biweekly, monthly and weekly.
- Assist employees, managers and other departments with payroll and payroll accounting related questions or issues.
- Ensure accurate data entry for all new hires, employee changes and terminations into our payroll/HR system, ADP.
- Work closely with ADP and other vendors to ensure that services meet the expectations of all users.
- Generate payroll reports for specific departments on a per payroll basis, a monthly basis and upon request.
- Prepare payroll journal entries and reconcile the payroll liability accounts to ensure the accuracy of our general ledger.
- Confirm and/or submit quarterly and annual tax reports/statements generated by ADP (state tax reports, 940s, 941s, W-2s, etc).
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices in conjunction with the payroll deductions/memos.
- Respond to and/or complete payroll related notices (VOEs, writs/garnishments, IRS notices, etc.).
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 3-5 years in payroll processing for mid to large size companies. Startups are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Knowledge of multi-state, multi-jurisdiction environment, taxes, and labor laws.
- Systematic thinker and team player.
- Experience with ADP and Workday.
- Able to troubleshoot and work on more complex issues and projects.
- Proficient in Excel to include at a minimum Pivot table, v-lookup and sum formulas.
- CPP/CPA certification preferred
- Working knowledge of state and federal payroll compliance and payroll tax laws required.
- Knowledge of Wage and Hour laws and regulations.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of accounting processes and the flow of data/monies from payroll into the general ledger required.
- Experience with administering company payroll, working closely with external providers and current employees to effectively manage relationships and ensure excellence in providing service and information.
- Passion for researching and implementing new things such as, but not limited to, payroll for a new entity or setting up new earnings/deduction/memo codes.
- Analytical expertise with solid investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Forward thinking and willingness to continually improve processes.
- Keen organizational skills with the ability to support a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a successful team player.
Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Global Payroll Manager
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $56,850 – $94,750.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.