MLB is currently seeking part-time seasonal Gameday Monitors for the upcoming 2024 Major League Baseball season to provide quality assurance for live video and audio streams on MLB.TV. Ideal candidates will be available to work a minimum of 25 hours per week and must possess MLB’s core competencies in areas such as collaboration, communication, critical thinking and relationship management.
Please note, Gameday Monitors will work remotely and must have a keen attention to detail, strong writing skills and will need to be actively engaged with their teammates during each shift.
• Monitor assigned home and away broadcast feeds in accordance to the daily gameday schedule. These feeds include but are not limited to pre and post game shows, audio streams and regional broadcasts for each designated game.
• Adhere to quality control guidelines and procedures without frequent supervision.
• Communicate gameday related issues immediately to the appropriate teams.
• Provide detailed reports that recap any issues that occurred during the game.
• A flexible schedule tied to the Major League Baseball season with availability on nights, weekends, and holidays is a must.
• A minimum of 25 hours per week is required for this position, no exceptions.
• Reliable WiFi, stable hardwire and home broadband network connection is essential.
• Ownership of at least 3 streaming devices such as a smart television, tablet, computer (PC and/or Mac), Apple or Android phone, Xbox, Playstation 5, Chromecast, etc. is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills to relay any issues or troubleshooting concerns to the appropriate channels is required.
• Ideal candidates are comfortable working in highly visible positions.
• Familiar with MLB.com, MiLB.TV, MLB.TV, MLB At Bat and other streaming services.
• Experienced with providing quality assurance in digital media roles.
• Avid baseball viewers with a strong knowledge of the game are encouraged to apply.
• Prior sports industry experience is a plus.
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is an hourly rate of $16.00 to $16.00. The actual offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision.