At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team build a best-in-class professional services program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees, applicants, job seekers and candidates globally, this is your chance to make history by joining our team. DLS Provides services 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to assist employees as they go through qualifying life events.
The DLS Case Manager provides case management for all types of leave of absence and disability life events. The DLS Case Manager is highly skilled in answering questions, understanding the employee’s situation, applying the appropriate benefits, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paves the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. Case Managers are the single point of contact for an employee throughout an entire leave of absence or disability event.
Key job responsibilities
- Initiate and respond to inquiries about leave and disability events, benefits, and options available to employees
- Serve as a point of contact for assigned employees (150 – 200 employee cases) to provide holistic case management services, including reviewing medical documentation to adjudicate leaves in compliance with the corresponding leave plans, federal and state laws and benefit plans as defined by Amazon
- Leverage duration guidelines, best practice tools and Amazon resources to support oversight of a leave event as appropriate
- Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee’s changing needs
- Address and respond to sensitive situations
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after a leave event
- Respond to employee impacting issues that may arise during the leave event and ensure the right communication occurs
- Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
- Facilitate a smooth return to work and ramp-back plan for employees returning to the workplace
- Educate managers and business partners on employee concerns and needs prior to being off or returning back to work
- Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
- Flexibility to work nights and weekend
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location – USA
- 1+ years of human resources experience
- 1+ years of Microsoft Office products and applications experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR, or a related field, or High school or equivalent and 1+ years of case management experience
- 2+ years of human resources functions experience
- Knowledge of HRIS or Applicant Tracking Systems are preferred
- Experience with Payroll Systems, HRIS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.