At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
Serves as primary analytic point of contact for Service Line Directors, Managers, Finance Directors, clinical support staff, physicians, allied health care providers, hospital colleagues and others regarding matters that relate to aspects of professional revenue. Develops and maintains an environment of customer service, continued learning and increased communication within the PO and hospital departments by coordinating revenue cycle policies, practices, identifying issues, trends, and provide solutions through analytic and administrative tools to meet business needs.
This Professional Billing Analyst will be responsible to:
- Support the Physician Services team with the production, download, analysis and preparation of data needed recurring monthly, quarterly and fiscal-year RCM/Billing Performance results reporting to department leadership.
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis to support the Physician Services team using data to identify trends and potential workflow, efficiency, accuracy, reimbursement, and overall revenue cycle performance enhancing opportunities.
- Perform “claim level” root cause analyses to understand and identify payment trends and challenges.
- Keep abreast of changes in payer billing requirements that could potentially impact various foundation specialties’ financial performance.
- Work closely across the Shared Service Center with manager, peers, and leadership sharing critical information and statistical data, while developing procedures for operational improvement on a recurring basis.
- Utilize appropriate analytical tools to extract, compile and manipulate data for purposes of analysis. Present data in a clear, organized manner. Document sources, specs, and assumptions for all analyses for future reference.
- Maintain data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis. Ensure data does not become corrupted in any way when performing analyses, through conscientious use of tools and a system of checks and balances.
- Check results of queries and reports to ensure it meets with expectations before presenting finalized information. Run data multiple ways when necessary to ensure accuracy of results.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in HealthCare or Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or closely related field is required.
- A min of 4 years of relevant, Physician-billing focused, revenue cycle management experience, preferably in a teaching or other hospital network is required
- A strong aptitude for creating and analyzing reports using a diversity of analytics platforms, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- A detailed understanding of professional billing and the healthcare revenue cycle as a whole
- Analytical skills to resolve complex problems requiring the use of scientific, mathematical, or technical principles and in depth, experienced based cross functional knowledge
- State-of-the-art awareness of billing requirements and technology related to physician billing to resolve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems and situations quickly and effectively
- Full time remote except for the state of CA
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits including flexible schedules, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, child care and student loan subsidies, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition and certain License and Certification Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes. Experience the benefits of passion and teamwork. APPLY HERE