Job DetailsJob Location
Erie Humboldt Park Health and Dental Center – 2750 W. North – Chicago, ILRemote Type
Optional Work from HomeEducation Level
2 Year Degree
The Data Entry Specialist supports Patient Programs teams by entering client service data in the Medical Home Network portal system. The staff member translates medical record documentation into this external facing system to ensure that Erie meets all the grant objectives and agency goals related to care management activities. The Data Entry Specialist plays a key role in the team’s performance and its ability to serve patients with the various needs that they may have.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with Population Health Manager, Care Managers, Care Coordinators, SDOH Navigators, and SDOH Manager to create reports that capture needed data from the electronic medical record.
- Utilizing extracted data, performs data entry in the MHN Connect Portal to capture activities completed by patient-facing teams.
- Collaborate with other Patient Programs staff as needed. Participates in the establishment of quantitative goals to be achieved in the role.
- Escalates problems or challenges that arise as part of the role and documentation in MHN Connect.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree or some college preferred
- Flexible education/experience requirements: Associates degree preferred or 3 equivalent combination of education and relevant work experiences required
- One year of data entry experience, preferably in a health care setting
- Strong computer and data skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred
- Attentive to detail. Interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) helpful, but not required
- Previous experience and/or interest working in a healthcare setting preferred