At Nearpod, we believe teaching is the most important job in the world. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We have won numerous awards including EdTech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. Recently, we were acquired by Renaissance to support the shared mission of accelerating learning for all. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We’ve adopted a remote-first culture, and our diverse team is based across the US.
Do you have a deep understanding of K-12 computer science, technology applications, and digital citizenship/literacy instruction? Do you enjoy diving into standards and developing learning experiences for students to move through grade-level content? Nearpod is looking for a computer science and digital fluency specialist to use their subject matter expertise to support content development for lessons on technology applications and digital proficiency as part of our 21st Century Readiness Program. Content areas will include impacts of computing, networks and systems design, computer fundamentals, digital literacy, and practical technology concepts. This role is essential to ensuring we are crafting content that aligns to market trends and to the needs of teachers, students, schools, and districts.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about computer science, technology applications, and digital citizenship/literacy education with instructional experience in US classrooms
- Has a strong understanding of pedagogy and instructional design
- Has experience aligning or developing content for 21st century learning standards such as New York State K-12 Computer Science and Digital Fluency Standards, Texas Technology Applications TEKS, or ISTE Standards for Students
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of national and state standards and of initiatives and trends related to 21st century learning, computer science, and digital literacy
- Approaches education through an equity lens and through culturally-responsive teaching practices
- Takes a creative approach to curriculum and content development, crafting engaging, effective, and inclusive content for all learners
- Thorough and values high-quality work
- Trusted for follow-through, efficiency, and adherence to timelines
- Enjoys working on multiple projects and collaborating with a team committed to inspiring K-12 learners and educators
We are seeking a hardworking, self-motivated candidate to perform the following functions:
- Support the optimization and development of computer science and digital literacy content on technology applications, including defining the organization of content and the approach and scope for individual resources, lessons, and activities
- Develop exemplar content to meet the direction and vision of the project
- Create and optimize engaging ready-to-use lessons and activities, evaluating and revising existing content where needed to meet the vision of the project
- Analyze and interpret computer science and digital fluency standards to effectively and accurately provide detailed lesson outlines
- Review lessons and activities and coach writers to help improve instructional design, learning experience, and subject matter knowledge and skill
- Provide guidance and support to other content teams/projects in the development of computer science and digital literacy resources or understanding of those initiatives and standards
- Deliver projects on time and within scope
Required Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as a computer science and digital literacy subject matter expert and/or curriculum designer
- Previous experience with creating standards-aligned curriculum resources at scale; preferably at a district level or for an ed tech company focused on one or more components of computer science and digital fluency.
- Empathy and effective communication and collaboration skills
- A love of learning and a growth mindset
- Adaptable to fast-changing initiatives
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Google Suite, specifically Sheets and Slides
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $30/hr