Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented Associate Copy Editor to join our Creative Studio, Morning Brew’s dedicated branded content team. This person will report to the Managing Copy Editor, Branded Content, working closely with our current Copy Editor and post-sale team to ensure all creative is executed at the highest level. As part of the Creative Studio, you will assist in maintaining and evolving our style guide as needed, while also being the final say on edits before ad placements and campaigns go live.
Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who’s creatively minded and understands our whimsical yet informative tone. Is that you?!
Morning Brew is based in New York City, but this role is remote-friendly within the US for all candidates.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
-Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
-Verify factual correctness of information, such as names, dates, and statistics
-Check text for style, clarity, readability, and consistency in adherence with the Morning Brew voice
-Make constructive suggestions for improving text when necessary
-Assist the other Copy Editor in maintaining and evolving the Creative Studio style guide
-Liaise with Branded Content editors and writers, project managers, and ad operations to publish ad placements and campaigns on deadline
-Provide guidance to writers, editors, etc., regarding style and grammar questions
-Stay on top of culture and trends to ensure content is in line with the current moment
-2–4 years of copy editing/proofreading experience, preferably with an advertising agency or media company
-Familiarity with branded content and/or creative advertising
-Excellent writing skills
-Exceptional attention to detail
-Ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
-Fluency with online publishing and organizational tools
-The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
-An absolute love and passion for all the quirks of the English language—and a willingness to break its rules
COMPENSATION $70,000 – $75,000*Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll reimburse you.