eHealthInsurance has many exciting career opportunities in a number of locations, across various functions. Come join us today!
As a member of the Revenue Operations team, the Commission Operations Associate Analyst is responsible for analyzing commission data, customer information and carrier documentation to drive accurate, complete, and timely application of commissions from carrier partnerships to maximize revenue, cash, and membership for eHealth. This role analyzes and resolves payment, statement, and system discrepancies by collaborating with internal and external teams. The Commission Operations Associate Analyst prepares operational deliverables and identifies process and system improvements. The role reports to the Supervisor / Manager, Commission Operations.
- Perform daily reconciliation and application of carrier commissions and review of membership information using multiple internal systems.
- Research commission payments, statements and system discrepancies and resolve with internal and/or external teams.
- Analyze complex carrier documentation to ensure accurate and timely membership and commissions in the eHealth commission system.
- Initiate and track various commission tasks using the company’s internal workflow tracking system.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual operational deliverables in support of the Finance close.
- Complete internal and external audits to support SOX testing of Revenue Operations controls.
- Write and maintain procedures related to the process, analysis, research, audits, and reporting functions.
- Review carrier commission statements and membership reports to identify data improvements needed to accelerate completion of monthly application of commissions.
- Identify process and system improvements by collaborating with internal eHealth teams and external carriers / partners.
- Support department leaders on special projects, ad hoc reports and workflow improvements with the goal of establishing efficient, accurate and sustainable revenue and commission operational capabilities.
- Provide training to new team members as needed
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance or related field or two+ years equivalent experience in cash reconciliation, accounts receivable, and collections in an operational role.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and mission driven environment, prioritizes appropriately, works independently, handles multiple tasks simultaneously, and performs to high standards of accuracy.
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word. Ability to create vlookup formulas and other formulas for analysis and review functions.
- Ability and willingness to meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated independent decision making within the scope of their role.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external teams, from staff to executive management.
- Prior experience with data analysis, trending, and management reporting.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and prior experience working with auditors on internal controls testing and procedures preferred.
- Prior experience in the insurance or healthcare industry, specifically in regard to the payment or collection of commissions.
- Working knowledge of Tableau or similar systems preferred.
-The base pay range reflects the anticipated pay range for this position. The actual base pay offered will depend on various factors including individual skills, experience, performance, qualifications, the department budget, and the location where work is performed. Base pay is one component of eHealth’s total rewards package, which also includes an annual performance bonus, plus an array of benefits designed to support employees’ personal and professional wellness. For more information on our total rewards offerings, please visit our career site.
-Base Pay Range -$48,400 – $60,500