Ferguson is North America’s leading value-added distributor across residential, non-residential, new construction and repair, maintenance, and improvement (RMI) end markets. Spanning 34,000 suppliers and more than one million customers, we deliver local expertise, value-added solutions, and the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products. From infrastructure, plumbing, and appliances, to HVAC, fire protection, fabrication, and more, we make our customers’ complex projects simple, successful, and sustainable.
Position: Internal Auditor – SOX Compliance
This role is approved to be either Remote within the United States or Hybrid for associates in the Newport News area, in accordance with company policy.
- Lead Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, and other operational / compliance reviews.
- Oversee the risk and control matrices, test plans, and respective documentation of walkthroughs and testing Identify key Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) risks and mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate processes and controls and draft management comments and recommendations. Find opportunities for improvement.
Operate financial and IT controls
- Design controls for new/changes to business processes, systems, and accounting.
- Evaluate control evidence for sufficiency, completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare/update SOX process flow charts and narratives.
- Evaluate control deficiencies and track remediation to completion.
- Perform special projects around administration, financial analysis, policies and procedures, and accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and minimum of 3-4 years of experience is ideal.
- Some experience with audits, audit management, SOX act.
- Experience in Supply Chain a plus.
- Experience in Oracle, Workday, and software such as Lucernex, HighJump, Green Mountain would be considered a plus.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Actual pay rate may vary depending upon location. The estimated pay range for this position is below. The specific rate will depend on a candidate’s qualifications and prior experience.
-$5,175.00 – $8,433.70
Estimated Ranges displayed are Monthly for Salaried roles OR Hourly for all other roles.
This role is Bonus or Incentive Plan eligible.