We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Most Americans have health insurance today, but increasingly high deductibles mean far too many Americans face the painful choice between physical and financial health if they get sick or injured. We partner with thoughtful employers, payers, and local health systems to turn patients into Paytients — people empowered to care for their families. Paytient offers a card that is not a loan or another Buy Now Pay Later option. It’s a sponsored, interest-free line of credit that we call a Health Payment Account (HPA). It works alongside HDHPs, HSAs, FSAs, HRAs, and other health benefits to make it easier to pay for care.
We’re a purpose-built, mission-driven team of world-class technologists, healthcare experts, and benefits leaders. As we grow, we’re looking for passionate, collaborative builders to join our team and help us further our mission. Our “remote with roots” model allows us to work where we thrive and gather as needed, often in our home office in Columbia, Missouri.
About The Role:
Paytient is looking for a Compliance Oversight Manager to join our growing organization. This position will be responsible for performing second-line compliance monitoring and testing activities, as well as supporting other second-line compliance oversight activities. The Compliance Oversight Manager will assist with updating and performing compliance risk assessments, and coordinating and managing external audits and reviews. The position reports to the Head of Compliance.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Head of Compliance to identify and oversee regulatory, compliance and conduct risks, and design and implement appropriate controls to mitigate these risks for the entity.
- Develop controls and leverage data to develop reporting.
- Execute and report on compliance testing for lending products according to the approved monitoring and testing schedule.
- Perform Risk assessments and compliance gap analysis, document and maintain controls in GRC software.
- Monitor and report on the completion of action plans for issues identified in monitoring activities.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of consumer protection rules and regulations and their impact on products, services, and operations for a variety of deposit and credit products.
- Assist in responding to external compliance audits and reviews.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of consumer protection rules and regulations and their impact on products, services, and operations for a variety of credit products.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience performing compliance audits and transactional testing, and drafting reports.
- Experience developing and conducting regulatory mapping, controls assessments and/or risk assessments.
- 2-4 years combined experience in Bank Consumer Regulatory Compliance, Audit, or Risk Management.
- Experience with US consumer credit regulations, including, but not limited to, Credit CARD Act, UDAAP, ECOA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, MLA and SCRA.
- Experience across fintech, Banking as a Service, and traditional financial institutions, or equivalent consulting experience.
- Proven expertise with consumer protection regulations and laws and the internal controls needed to mitigate those risks.
- Strong understanding of the interplay between compliance risk and business risk.
- Experience in lending regulations required.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience preferred.
- SQL query/Looker dashboard and visualization-building experience a plus.
- Data analysis experience with strong Excel skills preferred.
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- $4,150 annual HSA contribution
- Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
- Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
- 33 days of annual PTO
- 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Stock options in Paytient
- …and more!