We are looking for individuals who can contribute to our team by underwriting small to midsize group insurance new business cases (10-500 lives) while adhering to our company’s risk tolerance levels. In this role, you’ll evaluate new business and renewals and analyze rate and risk factors for existing clients within predefined approval limits. Your day-to-day activities will revolve around this, ensuring that our clients’ needs are met. At Mutual of Omaha, you will discover an inclusive, caring and collaborative culture where you can be at your best.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Estimated Hourly Wage:
- Associate Group Underwriter: $22.00-$28.00 plus annual bonus opportunity.
- Group Underwriter: $24.00-$30.00 plus annual bonus opportunity.
- Remote opportunity and flexible work schedules.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Regular associates working 40 hours a week can earn up to 15 days of vacation each year.
- Regular associates receive 9 paid holidays in 2023.
- Regular associates are provided sick leave through the use of personal time. Associates working 40 hours a week can receive up to 56 hours of personal time in 2023, prorated based on the start date.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Analyzes data for small to midsize new business cases (10-500 lives) to mitigate financial risk for the company.
- Sets up and adjusts plan designs in the manual rating system.
- Works with all product lines within the Workplace Solutions portfolio, including Life, VTL, STD, LTD, Dental, Vision, and more.
- Conducts research to secure additional data for benefits and rate determinations.
- Communicate with sales, brokers, and other sources, and evaluates renewal business and enforce group analysis while staying updated on industry regulations.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Demonstrate a customer-centric approach with strong problem-solving skills and a capacity to make logical, quality decisions.
- Ability to maintain composure during conflict resolution, achieving positive outcomes through effective negotiation.
- Exhibit a keen eye for detail and solid mathematical aptitude, ensuring precision in all tasks.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships while excelling in organizational, time management, and self-development, including proficiency in various software packages.
- Ability to travel to the field to visit the group offices, attend broker events, for training purposes, or other industry functions (conferences etc.).
- You promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, value different ideas and opinions, and listen courageously, remaining curious in all that you do.
- Able to work remotely with access to a high-speed internet connection and located in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Knowledge and experience with group life, disability and dental product lines.
- Previous group underwriting skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics, and/or related field; or equivalent experience in insurance industry.