Employer: CorVel Corporation
CorVel in Carmel, IN is seeking a full time Billing Specialist. The Billing Specialist processes medical bills for ancillary healthcare services including: Physical Therapy, Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Equipment, Home Health Care and etc. Success in this role requires consistent attention to detail, in high production environment, while reviewing appointment notes, claim forms, treatment authorization, and departmental best practices along with strong data-entry skills to ensure accurate and expedient processing of provider payments and client invoicing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review information regarding medical notes, claim forms, treatment approval, etc., to verify services align with correct diagnosis, provider and authorization
- Review client guidelines, network rates, and departmental best practices to ensure each bill is processed according to expectations
- Data entry and verification to finalize bill appropriately
- Provide high-quality inbound and outbound telephonic and email customer support
- Identify, analyze, and solve problems outside of standard processes
- Ongoing internal training and learning to ensure updated knowledge of industry and product changes
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One-two years similar, relevant experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication; demonstrated ability to provide superior service to internal and external stakeholders
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail with a high commitment to accuracy
CorVel, a certified Great Place to WorkÂ® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers’ compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.