With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Develops and manages an Agency Management Excellence practice by providing thought leadership and education on best-in-class agency leadership and relationship management across the All One Marketing organization, including RFP standards, briefing and ways of working best practices, terms negotiations, contracting and ongoing evaluation.
- Manages and implements the creation of an agency management excellence vision and standards for E. & J. Gallo in partnership with senior leadership.
- Audits and reviews prior and existing agency management tools and processes and consistently proposes and implements strategic improvements.
- Leads MSA and SOW negotiations in partnership with All One Marketing Centers of Excellence and the Business Units, develops and updates term sheets, and liaises with Sourcing and Legal for contract completion and payment set up.
- Partners with Legal to create and simplify contracting processes for marketing and communications agencies (MSA, SOW and discipline specific contracts – e.g. influencers, publishers, partners).
- Tracks all agency SOWs, status, and spend, analyzes the data and provides strategic counsel for spend optimization and rate equity on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains a general understanding of multiple marketing disciplines and outsourcing needs across E. & J. Gallo.
- Develops and implements an educational and training plan on agency management excellence for organizational stakeholders, including metrics of success for upskilling process, tracking and enforcing compliance.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of key agency players by proactively building and maintaining agency relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation on current agency ecosystem and past partners, including pertinent information on capabilities, performance and fees.
- Responsible for leading the agency performance management process, including scheduling, distributing performance assessments, compiling responses and partnering with leadership to synthesize and analyze results and develop associated reports.
- Partners with Legal to create and manage an efficient system for all partnership marketing contracts, including IP rights holders, agents, celebrities/influencers, and publishers.
- Tracks and advises All One Marketing teams on partnership marketing contracts expiration, renewal options and best practices.
- Assists and leads meetings pertaining to agency RFPs and capability reviews, including the coordination of all internal stakeholders as well as any required third-party agencies, vendors and partners.
- Identifies and develops relationships with Marketing Procurement/Agency Management professionals in order to benchmark and identify improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of agency, account management and/or staffing, agency business development, or procurement experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School diploma or state-issued equivalency certificate plus 9 years of agency, account management and/or staffing, agency business development, or procurement experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working in marketing or communications agencies, leading scope of work and staffing development.
- Demonstrated a deep understanding of key agency players in multiple marketing disciplines and their inner workings and operational structure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects and work effectively under time constraints.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience using discretion with confidential information.
- Experience with defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
- Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration plus 7 years of agency management, marketing, contract administration and procurement experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Contract management certification.
- 4 years of experience working in marketing or communications agencies leading scope of work and staffing development.
- Proven track record of independent thinking, entrepreneurship and follow through to take ideas into action, measure success, and optimize.
- Experience managing relationships with agencies on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent project management and follow-through skills and experience with multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Experience working independently.
- Experience with generating ideas and working under minimal guidance.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience with working as a team player.
- Experience in assessing agency fees including different contractual payment structures, working and non-working dollars, production fees, commissions and the like.
- Knowledge of the winery portfolio (price point, positioning, region of origin).
- Knowledge of wine industry legalities and suitable compliance thereof.
- Hiring Salary Range: $95,800 – $143,600/Year.
- Actual compensation amount paid may be lower or higher to be determined by factors other than race and gender such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits