The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the go-to nonprofit authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has raised over $1.9 billion and launched more than 1,300 programs impacting a variety of health threats from chronic disease conditions including cardiovascular disease and cancer, to infectious diseases like rotavirus and HIV, to emergency responses, including COVID-19 and Ebola. The CDC Foundation managed hundreds of programs in the United States and in more than 90 countries last year. Visit www.cdcfoundation.org for more information.
Position Title: Viral Hepatitis Data Entry Clerk
Position End Date: 02/05/2024
Salary: $41,000 plus benefits
The CDC Foundation is seeking candidates for the role of Data Entry Clerk. For this position, the CDC Foundation seeks candidates who are experienced professionals to provide support to the Illinois Department of Public Health in the ongoing fight against viral hepatitis.
· High school diploma or equivalent and a year of general office, secretarial, or administrative experience.
· Experience in data entry, quality review and handling of sensitive information.
· Experience organizing, sorting, and merging health data. Experience identifying data entry errors and standardization of data.
· Experience working with confidential, health-related data.
· Proficiency using software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat to prepare documents, graphs, slides, presentations and spreadsheets.
· Will assist with all data entry needs related to entering testing results and other data entry related needs.
· Responsible for typing, filing, and preparing written material for distribution and mailing.
· Serve as an integral member of the office management team to provide substantive technical administrative skills.
· Advise in decisions affecting activities supporting program efforts.
This role is involved in a dynamic public health program. As such, roles and responsibilities are subject to change as situations evolve. Roles and responsibilities listed above may be expanded upon or updated to match priorities and needs, once written approval is received by both the CDC Foundation and the Illinois Department of Public Health, in order to best support the State of Illinois in their public health programming.
This position is currently a remote position. CDC Foundation retains the right to make adjustments to this as required.