The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! iHeartMedia, the number one audio company in America, reaches 90% of Americans every month — a monthly audience that’s twice the size of any other audio company – almost three times the size of the largest TV network – and almost 4 times the size of the largest ad-supported music streaming service. In fact, we have:
- More #1 rated markets than the next two largest radio companies combined;
- We’re the largest podcast publisher, with more monthly downloads than the second- and third-largest podcast publishers combined. Podcasting, the fastest-growing new media, today has more monthly users than streaming music services or Netflix;
- iHeart is the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers, who build important connections with hundreds of communities across America;
- We create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America, including the iHeartRadio Music Festival, the iHeartRadio Music Awards, the iHeartCountry Festival, iHeartRadio Fiesta Latina and the iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour;
- iHeartRadio is the #1 streaming radio digital service in America;
- Our social media footprint is 7 times larger than the next largest audio service; and
- We have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting, which bring data, targeting and attribution to all forms of audio at an unparalleled scale. As a result, we’re able to combine our strong leadership position in audience reach, usage and ad tech with powerful tools and insights for our sales organizations to help them build success for their clients at a more efficient cost than any other option.
Because we reach almost every community in America, we’re committed to providing a range of programming that reflects the diversity of the many communities we serve – and our company reflects that same kind of diversity. Our company values stress collaboration, curiosity, welcoming dissent, accepting mistakes in the pursuit of new ideas, and respect for everyone.
Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia!
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:The part-time freelance Editor, iHeartMedia, assists with the digital editorial and social presence for the Premiere Networks Digital Team at iHeartMedia for a nationally syndicated radio program. They will work with the Senior Web Producer and the syndicated show staff by creating and curating dynamic content, and writing engaging and coherent show summaries.
The ideal candidate will have experience conceiving, writing, and editing content for the web, as well as implementing it socially, and possess a deep understanding of digital culture and the ability to identify stories before they go viral. They can also adapt to an infrastructure with a lot of moving parts and voices specific to a show’s brand. This person is a self-starter who is organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet tight deadlines. The position is remote and can be done from anywhere, though it does require availability for overnight and weekend hours.
What You’ll Do:
- Create/Manage content at a fast pace, ensuring that copy is accurate, entertaining, and grammatically correct.
- Generate creative and compelling ideas for features and other shareable content across multiple platforms.
- During live radio show hours, take notes on the program, and update web properties and social media as needed. Implement content socially.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism/English/Communications preferred)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in web producing and content creation
- Journalism, blogging, or writing experience in a quick-paced environment
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels and collaborate with a team
- A collaborative and positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Writing clean, engaging online content (articles, headlines, social media content)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task and work under shifting deadlines
- Knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Image editing in Photoshop
- Familiarity with content discovery and social monitoring platforms
- Experience with CMS publishing tools
- Experience and/or interest writing about the paranormal and unusual topics, a plus
- Cover letter, in addition to resume, appreciated
What You’ll Bring:
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and alignment with market data.
$20.00 – $27.50
Location:VIRTUAL EST, FL
Position Type: Regular
Time Type: Part time
Pay Type: Hourly
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options (employees meeting ACA measurement)
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!