- Monitors specimen testing and resulting workflow post collection for all STAT orders, and orders sent to reference labs.
- Serves as liaison between client and Laboratory to ensure speedy resulting and release of results in the LIS. Activities can involve following up with dispatchers, phlebotomists, CLS, Lab Assistants, or specimen processors.
- Serves as liaison between client and reference labs (stat labs) to ensure promt fax of results. Activities include calling the reference lab to follow up on result status, adding/modifying requested tests, refaxing results, making demographic corrections.
- Completes data entry of patient demographics and lab order collection details into the LIS.
- Actively monitors LIS “STAT Tracking” program to continually evaluate all pending orders and conduct appropriate follow-up on the oldest orders.
- Collaborates with Lab Dispatch Department to gain an understanding of order comp[etion and drop status.
- Contacts client facilities to schedule “Redraws”; orders that need to be recollected due to unfavorable circumstances.
- Relays critical report values to appropriate personnel at client facilities.
- Conducts detailed and thorough research to find missing specimens.
- Escalates issues to appropriate management staff.
- Assists Customer Service Departments with results requests.
- Uses IP phone to answer calls, place calls, and redirect calls as needed.
- Answers calls from reference labs and phlebotomists.
- Uses email to communicate with in-house lab departments, phlebotomy supervisors, Lab Dispatch, and other departments.
- Works cooperatively and fully communicates with Area/ Regional Phlebotomy Management, Logging staff, Lab Dispatch, Customer Service, Redraw Department, and Courier services.
- Exercises initiative and responsibility by accommodating special requests, expediting urgent cases by conducting constant follow-up, and maintaining a positive attitude to connecting parties to ensure excellent customer service is provided.
- Composes detailed written documentation of issues that occur throughout the shift. It may be necessary to do mild investigations of situations, or conduct troubleshooting, or oversee immediate handling of an unexpected problem.
- Identifies and pursues self-improvement, and positively and quickly adapts to changes when directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned, helps out when attendance issues arise within the office, maintaining a positive attitude during crisis and engaging in daily teamwork with minimal encouragement.
Typing Skills Min 35 wpm
Typing Skills – 10 Key
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School or better.