Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey with Sezzle, the cutting-edge fintech company that’s all about financially empowering the next generation and providing a responsible way to pay for all consumers? If you’re a dynamic individual with a passion for sales and a love for all things digital payments, eCommerce, and the ‘buy now, pay later’ space, we want you on our team!
About the Role:
The Senior Manager, Social Media will play a pivotal role in shaping our organization’s online presence and digital marketing strategy. This role is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the company’s social media activities to build brand awareness, engage with the target audience, manage performance analytics, deliver key learnings internally, and drive business growth. The social media manager must have a strong bias for action, be able to thrive in ambiguity, be comfortable with a fast pace and a rapidly changing environment.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the thousands of eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we’re not just a bunch of financial wizards. We’re a diverse and vibrant group of musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We’re more than just professionals; we’re purpose-driven and unique individuals who believe in creating a culture that’s both professional and playful. Forget about the traditional startup perks – our culture is embodied by the amazing people we hire.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Social Media Strategy:
– Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy aligned with the company’s marketing goals.
– Identify target audiences and create cohesive content that is relevant while engaging, entertaining, and motivating consumers to engage/connect with us.
– Create high-quality cohesive content for various social media platforms to achieve high levels of user engagement (e.g., posts, videos, graphics).
– Maintain a repository of evergreen content for needed changes and to seize last-minute opportunities.
– Maintain a content calendar for various channels, planning and scheduling posts in advance.
– Drive KPI creation, analyze data and metrics to create weekly and monthly reports on traffic, engagement and ROI benchmarking against goals.
– Foster and grow the online community by responding to comments, messages, and mentions.
– Monitor conversations and trends within the industry and address issues as needed.
Analytics and Reporting:
– Track and analyze social media performance using tools like Google Analytics and social media analytics platforms.
– Prepare regular reports to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and suggest improvements.
– Drive decisions surrounding budgets and execution of boosted post opportunities.
– Understand and support paid social media advertising campaigns collaborating with performance marketing leads on budget allocation, targeting, and A/B testing to optimize ad investment for maximum ROI.
– Monitor and report on competitor activities and industry trends working to enable Sezzle’s participation in or avoidance of these trends..
– Use social listening tools to gain insights into audience preferences and behavior.
– Identify and collaborate with relevant influencers and brand advocates to expand reach and credibility.
– Be prepared to manage and defuse online crises or negative feedback promptly and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years as a social media lead, preferably with FinTech knowledge.
- Proficiency using social media management tools (e.g., Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout, http://Falcon.io ).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate innovative content ideas.
- Knowledge of online advertising, and social media best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative design capabilities ability to produce own assets (internal support will be available as well)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends in social media and digital marketing
- Strong passion for the social media space.
The Sr Manager, Social Media plays a vital role in enhancing the company’s online reputation, increasing engagement, and contributing to the overall success of digital marketing efforts.
– A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
– A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
– An excellent communicator.
– Ownership. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
– A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
– Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- 401k with 100% match
- Collaborative workspace, commuter benefits, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
The compensation range for the role is $90,000 – $110,000. Our ranges are very broad to accommodate all types of candidates and encourage growth. Specific compensation offered to a candidate may be dependent on factors such as education, experience, qualifications, and alignment with market data. Exceptional candidates may receive salaries outside of the posted ranges.