A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education – and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech.
Amplify works with educators and students across the country. We see our commitment extend beyond simply providing teachers with new curriculum programs or software licenses. For us, it marks the beginning of a collaborative journey with educators and school leaders. Together, we strive to seamlessly integrate our print and digital products into the everyday life of classrooms and schools, all with the shared objective of creating a positive impact on students.
Amplify is in search of an experienced educator with a background in designing and delivering professional development for audiences at the school and district levels. The Professional Development Design Specialist will play a key role in supporting the design of Science of Reading online course content and resources. Responsibilities include acquiring copyrights and permissions, editing podcasts, and seamlessly transitioning storyboard scripts into an online platform.
Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided.
Responsibilities of the Specialist of Professional Development Design, Science of Reading:
- Design course materials, including participant handouts and video presentations, in adherence to Amplify’s branding guidelines.
- Organize and obtain copyright permissions for identified course resources and assets
- Coordinate and compile podcast audio for each course
- Upload course content and resources into an online learning platform
- Revise the course as needed, incorporating feedback and addressing reported errata
- Other tasks as assigned by manager
Basic Qualifications of the Specialist of Professional Development Design, Science of Reading:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in teaching and/or facilitating professional development sessions.
- Background in instructional and graphic design.
- Proven expertise in early literacy development, science of reading research, and adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient use of technology-based productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, Google Applications, and video conferencing tools.
Preferred Qualifications of the Specialist of Professional Development Design, Science of Reading:
- Master’s or Advanced Degree in Education
- Previous experience designing and/or facilitating science of reading professional development sessions.
- Experience in designing online courses and proficient in editing videos
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and leaders
- Proficiency with learning management systems