The Specialist, Claims Supprt is responsible to review all new loans that require a claim submission to HUD. This includes all FHA claim types; Liquidation conveyance claims Part A and B, as well as CWCOT (Claims without Conveyance of Title), and all Loss Mitigation claims including PFS (Pre-Foreclosure Sale) Claims, Deed in Lieu, Partial Claims, SFB (Special Forbearance) claims, Loan Modification incentive claims and HAMP claims. The Claims Support (Supprt) Specialist position will be responsible for the validation of eligibility for a claim through FHA Connection, verification of executed documents, obtaining necessary documentation required for a claims package and any other claim preparation step deemed necessary. This individual will have additional responsibilities that include, but may not be limited to, monitoring for receipt of claim funds and EDI errors and monitoring the partial claim back end process to ensure timely recordation and submission of original documents to HUD. It is essential these functions are handled timely to ensure they are completed within established HUD requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – TOP 10 (Also, reference workplace conditions.)
1. Receive and review all new loans requiring a claim to HUD and calculation of claim submission deadlines.
2. Request supporting documentation needed to support items included in the claim.
3. Conduct validations through FHA Connection and review documents associated with each claim type.
4. Manage Daily reports to ensure that the intake process is completed within SLA and moves to the next phase of claim entry in a timely manner.
5. Manage Daily reports to monitor the Partial claim recordation process and ensure that original documents are sent to HUD within guidelines, including daily/weekly follow up on all outstanding Partial Claim documents.
6. Monitor receipt of claim payments and monitor EDI errors.
7. Ensure Supervisor is kept informed of all trends and issues that delay the claims process or back end Partial Claim recordation process.
8. Monitor daily reports and queues — Plan and schedule work so that it can be performed effectively and efficiently to reduce costs where possible by improving methods and processes.
9. Complies timely and accurately with instructions provided by Supervisor. If unable to meet a deadline, the deadline must be renegotiated prior to the initial deadline date.
10. Maintain regular and punctual attendance. Comply with all company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL AND OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Request tax receipts for tax disbursements that are claimable to HUD. This involves searching county websites/ calling or emailing the requests for receipts. Following up to ensure receipts are received before the claim due date.
2. Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Graduate/GED: Required
Bachelor’s Degree: Preferred
Related Work Experience
2-4 Years: Required
Can additional experience substitute for education? ✔ No
If “yes”, specify type of experience (i.e., supervisory, or nonsupervisory, etc.) and identify how many years of additional experience:
Licensure, Certification, Requirements
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements
List the minimum specific knowledge and skills necessary to perform this job.
1. Basic knowledge and experience with default mortgage processes. – Required
2. Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy; problem solving skills. – Required
3. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, manage time well and prioritize tasks. – Required
4. Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as mortgage documents and department reports. – Required
5. Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of Word Documents and spreadsheets. – Required
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT LEVEL
This position is an individual contributor.
N/A: does not require this activity. Frequently: requires this activity 34% to 66% of the time. Occasionally: requires this activity up to 33% of the time. Continuously: requires this activity 67% to 100% of the time.
Activity: Frequency of Occurrence
Standing/Sitting/Walking: N/A: does not require this activity.
Kneeling/Crouching/Squatting/Bending: N/A: does not require this activity.
Reaching/Working Overhead: N/A: does not require this activity.
Repetitive Hand Motion: N/A: does not require this activity.
Special Vision or Hearing Requirements: N/A: does not require this activity.
Pushing/Pulling (up to 20 pounds): N/A: does not require this activity.
Lifting/Carrying (up to 20 pounds): N/A: does not require this activity.
Driving (up to ______ hours daily): N/A: does not require this activity.
Item: Frequency of Occurrence
Exposure to ______________________________N/A: does not require this activity.
Exposure to hazardous materials, chemicals and/or fumes N/A: does not require this activity.
Other: ___________________________________ N/A: does not require this activity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Freedom Mortgage is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions of the position either with or without reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as employees are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall review reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The following statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as an all-inclusive list of all the work requirements of the position. Freedom Mortgage Corporation may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.