Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.’s ‘house of brands’ portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands — Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Whatâ€™s the role?
We are looking for a social media professional to support Etsyâ€™s global social video efforts, with a special focus on short video formats such as TikTok, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
As the Social Media Producer you will work closely with social channel leads, as well as an array of talent, sellers, and UGC creators, to develop and create short form content that will define Etsyâ€™s voice across these key channels. Are you a digital content creator who is obsessed with creating short form video, and passionate about Etsyâ€™s marketplace for creators? If so, this could be the perfect match.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Partner with social channel owners to produce and curate a steady flow of content for TikTok, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts, including original photo and video content
- Maintain the integrity of the Etsy brand, ensuring that our content is uplifting and inspiring to sellers and buyers alike, amplifying Etsyâ€™s mission of keeping commerce human
- Be a steward of Etsyâ€™s brand and voice, particularly on TikTok, working to evolve Etsyâ€™s strategy and vision for the channel
- Ensure platform and audience intentionality for each piece of content you pitch, produce and publish
- Collaborate with channel leads to brainstorm and develop repeatable video formats and franchises across channels
- Identify trending content across social video platforms, especially opportunities for Etsy to thoughtfully and meaningfully engage
- Proactively identify, vet and repurpose products, shops and/or existing UGC content that aligns with Etsyâ€™s values and standards for Etsyâ€™s global brand, international and seller channels.
- Actively test, optimize, and evolve the short form video approach across channels, surfacing key insights to the social team as well as our marketing partners to drive views, engagement and channel growth.
- Thoughtfully syndicate new and existing content across channels, ensuring that content is appropriately adapted for each channel and audience.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- 3+ years experience creating social media video for a large brand or publisher
- Deep knowledge of the social video landscape and social trends, possess a keen awareness of the difference between successful consumer and brand content
- Extensive knowledge of measurement and performance for social video as well as content discovery and CMS work streams
- Experience producing photography and video content for a brand and can write copy for social media video formats
- Passion about supporting small businesses, creativity and craftsmanship and care deeply about building the Etsy brand for key audiences
- Able to balance multiple projects and priorities, while acting nimbly to support emerging trends and opportunities
- Understanding of in-platform editing and creation tools on social platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube
- Experience with Adobe creative creative tools (Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro) is a must.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.Our Promise
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.