At Bed Bath & Beyond, we believe that everyone should “Be You!”. Bed Bath & Beyond is a community that upholds a culture of understanding, acceptance, and respect. We believe a person’s individuality is at the core of diversity, and those traits, beliefs, and characteristics should be valued and embraced. Living by this ethos is essential to the success of our business. Our goal is to foster a more diverse environment where every employee visibly demonstrates inclusive behaviors and respect for individuals.
This position is eligible for remote work. Currently we can hire employees in the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming. This role will have occasional on site expectations.
Senior Content Marketing Copywriter
Job Profile Summary
Creates email marketing copy that enhances the company’s brand through compelling, persuasive, and inspirational language. Fulfills marketing copy requests across all channels, including campaign, email, social, display, blog, and print. Primarily responsible for providing fresh, engaging email subject lines, pre headers, and marketing copy. Ensures the company’s brand personality and voice are clearly presented across all communications and uses competitive analysis and SEO research to identify content opportunities. Gathers and analyzes email performance data to optimize and improve. Collaborates with the email team to meet aggressive deadlines and create cohesive messaging consistent with overall brand strategy. Edits and reviews content as needed to prevent any grammatical errors and create a polished, professional experience for customers. Supports rest of copy team by picking up tasks as needed, collaborating with designers, stylists, and promo strategists to tell effective marketing stories across other channels.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Writes subject lines, pre headers, and body copy for customer-facing emails.
- Creates and edits messaging that builds customer confidence in an online purchase, including the optimization of dynamic content.
- Navigates the home retail experience to provide insightful, compelling storytelling.
- Collaborates with email team to execute overall brand strategy.
- Meets aggressive deadlines and accommodates pivots in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Performs SEO tasks such as keyword and content topic research.
- Proactively identify new areas of opportunity based on customer insight, organic keywords, and competitive research.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned, including customer-facing copy for digital, social media, blog, branded content, websites, commercials, etc.
- Collaborates with other creative team members and business owners to deliver quality brand experiences.
- Follows prescribed legal guidelines and requirements.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
At least five years of experience writing for email, social media, or digital marketing applications with experience in AP Style. Proficiency and experience in customer-facing email content, including SEO best practices is required. Must demonstrate delivery of persuasive and inspirational content to build relationships with customers through pithy and fresh messaging. Must be well-aware of current cultural movements and possess a deep familiarity with an American and Canadian customer base. Must possess an understanding of best practices for effective email campaigns and dynamic content systems. Must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to team members, managers, and other business leaders. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must have proven ability to collaborate with others. Must be resourceful and hardworking to complete projects within rigid deadlines and Must have excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills and be able to professionally interact with employees at all levels of the company. Must have excellent time management and decision-making skills and be able to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and projects at once. Must have the ability to work independently and be proactive in their work. Must be able to pay attention to detail and work effectively and collaboratively across various departments to meet goals and deadlines. Must have highly developed and creative problem-solving/project management skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently with a strong awareness of common usability methodology.
Professional experience writing email campaigns for online retail brands—preferably home.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree or a related field or any combination of education and/or experience based on the table above is required.
Who We Are:
We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Employee Resource Groups (LatinX, Black Employee Network, LGBTQIA+, Women’s Network, Women In Tech)
- And More…
*Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election