Come join our amazing team and work remote from home!
The Bankruptcy Specialist ll, will be responsible for monitoring residential mortgage loans in the Bankruptcy process to minimize potential losses and preserve the lien-holder’s interests. Conducts all activities in adherence to all applicable investor timelines and in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates. The target pay range for this position is $17.12-$24.47 per hour.
What you’ll do:
- Receives and processes bankruptcy documents throughout all bankruptcy process. Also creates and orders documents required within the bankruptcy process.
- Audits, reviews and completes the Set-up bankruptcy filings process, Motion for Reliefs, Proof of Claims, Transfer of Claims, Reaffirmations, Notice of Final Cures, Post-Petition Fee notices, Payment Change Notices and the Closing process for accuracy and thoroughness and coordinates corrections as necessary on any Bankruptcy Chapters.
- Handles documentation or analysis processes for the set-up bankruptcy filings, Motion for Reliefs, Proof of Claims, Transfer of Claims, Reaffirmations, Notice of Final Cures, Post-Petition Fee notices, Payment Change Notices and the Closing process.
- Verifies/researches borrower payment history and resolves payment posting discrepancies (i.e. Ledger Balancing).
- Handle the verification of borrower payment histories and resolves payment posting discrepancies.
- Gathers and uploads documents such as Assignments of Mortgages, Deeds, Notes, and other documents required for filing actions within the bankruptcy.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls from bankruptcy attorneys and/or other interested parties with inquiries regarding residential mortgage accounts in the bankruptcy process.
- Responds to inquiries from internal departments regarding bankruptcy related issues. Handles highly escalated inquiries.
- Provide management with recommended solutions to bankruptcy agreements or disputes.
- Handles more complex tasks and manual calculations of figures such as Motions for Relief and Proof of Claim figures.
- May have signing authority to sign bankruptcy documents on behalf of the company
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience; some college preferred.
- Two to four years’ experience in a bankruptcy role in the banking, finance or mortgage industry.
Carrington Mortgage Services is part of The Carrington Companies, which provide integrated, full-lifecycle mortgage loan servicing assistance to borrowers and investors, delivering exceptional customer care and programs that support borrowers and their homeownership experience. We hope you’ll consider joining our growing team of uniquely talented professionals as we transform residential real estate. To read more visit: www.carringtonmortgage.com.
What We Offer:
Comprehensive healthcare plans for you and your family. Plus, a discretionary 401(k) match of 50% of the first 4% of pay contributed.
Access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our employee portal.
Customized training programs to help you advance your career.
Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get paid to help Carrington and Vylla grow.
Carrington Charitable Foundation contributes to the community through causes that reflect the interests of Carrington Associates. For more information about Carrington Charitable Foundation, and the organizations and programs, it supports through specific fundraising efforts, please visit: carringtoncf.org.