Quick Med Claims (QMC) is a nationally recognized leader in emergency medical transportation billing and reimbursement. QMC is committed to providing services in a manner that ensures compliance with all applicable billing and reimbursement regulations while maximizing the capture of allowable reimbursement for each client. The commitment to adherence to both principles make QMC the partner of choice for emergency medical transportation providers.
QMC is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote opportunities may be available for this position.
The Posting Payment Specialist oversees the intake of payments by accepting and processing billing statements and conducting audits for each billing cycle. The Posting Payment Specialist must be able to keep accurate electronic and paper records, maintain accurate billing processes, and demonstrate computer skills, attention to detail, and mathematical ability.
- Pulls deposits from bank lockbox/website and remits from various websites to post payments
- Runs deposit reports to make sure daily deposits are balanced
- Posts all payments and denials
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the accounts being posted, especially schedules and payers
- Calls insurance companies when needed to request remits
- Acts as a backup to find remits on various websites.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be able to type 35+ words per minute.
- Basic accounting principles and medical billing experience preferred, but not required
- Basic computer knowledge, and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Customer service oriented; attention to detail, accuracy, and data entry skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Comprehensive & competitive benefit package
- Generous 401k Company Match Program
- Profit Sharing Potential
- Bonus Program Potential
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid time off and holidays