C.H. Robinson is seeking a Payroll Processing Specialist to join our team. In this pivotal role, you will assume responsibility for a range of administrative and payroll tasks supporting our operations in the United States and Canada. Your duties will extend beyond conventional payroll processing to encompass essential support functions within HR. With a focus on precision and timeliness, you will oversee the accurate processing of employee compensation and benefits. As a valued team member, you will be instrumental in maintaining detailed payroll records, calculating wages, and administering various deductions and taxes. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to our organizational excellence, showcasing your expertise as a Payroll Specialist. Apply now and be a key player in shaping our success at C.H. Robinson.
This role is remote and open to candidates anywhere in the U.S.
- Collect essential payroll data, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in the process
- Process payroll for employees in the US and Canada, utilizing Workday’s Payroll, Time, and Absence functionalities
- Address escalated general ledger inquiries
- Review audit reports for quality and accuracy
- Calculate payroll inputs and prepare finance reports for payroll funding
- Collaborate with the Accounting/Finance team to ensure a seamless payroll process
- Maintain accurate and confidential employee payroll records
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll tax regulations and company policies
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies and employee inquiries
- Manage off-cycle payments and fund transmission
- Research payroll compliance using APA Payroll Source and government websites
- Participate in internal and external payroll audits, providing necessary support
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years of payroll experience
- 2+ years of experience with external payroll vendors
- Progress towards a college degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to work in a shared service environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Change management and motivation skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Compensation Range$49,000.00 – $101,900.00
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
- Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Enhanced Fertility benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid and floating holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Charitable Giving Match Program
- 401(k) with 6% company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTUREpage.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 20 million shipments annually for 100,000 customers, and millions of dollars contributed to support causes that matter to us, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.