As a Content & Production Editor, you will seek to make an eternal impact on the Kingdom through supporting the Lifeway Student Ongoing Bible Studies editorial process. The Content & Production Editor will serve Lifeway Student’s Ongoing Bibles Studies by editing content to ensure Biblical accuracy, brand alignment, and proper grammar and punctuation.
Lifeway is a place where you can bring your faith and work experience to join in the most important mission in the world: making disciples of Jesus Christ. Whether you’re a creator or storyteller, data guru or problem-solver, or anywhere in between, if you’re passionate about serving the church, we have a place for you. Lifeway has a strong Work from Anywhere (WFA) culture that is deeply focused on our mission and values. While headquartered in Nashville, TN, many of our positions are remote-eligible and have autonomy and flexibility with work hours. We provide equipment and resources to ensure team members have access to a productive and ergonomic workspace. We believe building relationships and community is essential to how we work together, so Lifeway hosts all-team meetings several times per year and provides travel for key team gatherings for remote-based team members. Full-time employees are eligible for enrollment in our comprehensive benefits plans including healthcare, vacation and sick time, holiday pay, care days, 401(k) plan, maternity and paternity leave, adoption assistance, mission trip time, and more. If this sounds like a place where you would be excited to serve the kingdom of God, we would love for you to join our team.
This is a remote position in the U.S. with occasional travel to Nashville for in-person team gatherings.
- Edits content according to style and branding guidelines for readability and acceptability; correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation; and verification of content accuracy, and copyfitting.
- Performs production tasks including securing permissions, preparing copyright information, and preparing recurring product features.
- Proofreads files and checks for page accuracy and desired corrections.
- Loads and applies style sheets and tags.
- Converts files into InCopy stories, enters rights into metadata in files, exports files of one format to another format, converts files into InCopy stories.
- Writes and edits with sensitivity to potentially controversial issues, performs content editing and writes original content on occasion.
- Participates in ideation and pipeline development with the Bible Studies for Life, Student Team.
- Associate or Technical degree in English, journalism, communications, or related publishing field
- 3+ years editorial experience, preferably in a publishing environment
- Advanced Editing
Preferred Skills and Experience
- MS Suite
- Adobe suite
- Experience in leading/serving in local Student Ministry
Other Job Requirements
- Some travel, occasionally overnight