Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled national network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it possible for patients to find quality care they can afford and enabling mental healthcare providers to grow their practice.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 500,000+ appointments a month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $225+ million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, Spark Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz and Health Care Services Corporation.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
We are looking for someone to help us achieve our mission of increasing access to mental healthcare. In this role, you will own the credentialing process end-to-end including tracking, file review, issue resolution, and roster auditing. This role will have an outsized impact on the growth of the company and the accessibility of affordable mental healthcare to underserved populations.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Build out trackers and processes to keep our Credentialing operation running as smoothly as possible
- Organize contractor headcount to meet volume demands
- Troubleshoot and iterate on our playbooks and processes, constantly identifying opportunities to improve our efficiency
- Collaborate! Proactively partner across teams to deliver the smoothest Provider experience
- Stay laser focused on quality, accuracy, and the little details that make for a smooth credentialing process
You will love this role if…
- You’re highly adaptable. You can quickly change direction to execute different functions and responsibilities with ease.
- You want to learn and grow. You view this role as an opportunity to learn from a talented team
- You are meticulous about details – nothing small sneaks past you
- You are an excellent communicator
- You’re a pro at building trackers. You know how to stay organized with excel
- You know your way around google sheets (you could do a vlookup or pivot table in your sleep)
- You are passionate about increasing access to mental health
- You have at least 1 year of previous experience with health care provider/physician credentialing, billing, or medical reimbursement
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A: $80,000
- Group B: $72,000
- Group C: $64,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development