Vesta Healthcare is a specialized medical group focused today on aging adults with long-term home care needs. We help these individuals live happier, healthier lives by partnering with their aides and caregivers, as a key part of the care team. We use a combination of virtual care, home-based and mobile technologies, data integrations and partnerships with home care agencies to make the home an integrated setting of care with patients, and their Caregivers at the center.
Vesta is the Roman name for the goddess of home, hearth and family. She is the caregiver. Often unseen yet greatly revered, she puts others’ needs ahead of her own, keeping the hearth warm so the home and family can function.
We see Caregivers and recognize the power and potential they embody. More than just assistance, Caregivers are eyes, ears and hands in the home. Caregivers play the role of Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, EMT and more, but without support or guidance. That is where Vesta comes in. Our program provides Caregivers with a personalized clinical team in their pocket. Our team links Caregivers to the people they care for and the other providers involved in their care. It’s an insurance covered benefit, so it’s available to most adults with Caregivers free of charge to them.
We seek team members who are passionate about making home the best place it can be for people with home care needs and see the important role Caregivers play. Our team members are collaborative data-driven optimists who always focus on doing what’s best for patients and their caregivers. We see ourselves as being here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids).
The ideal teammate would be…
Someone who’s passionate about our mission to help older adults live fulfilling lives in their home and who gets excited about diagnosis codes! They are current on their understanding of CMS guidelines and coding protocol. This person wants to be part of a team working together to change the way older adults age at home.
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Independently perform analysis of claims on a pre and post-payment basis utilizing clinical, coding and claims processing background to ensure claims are coded correctly according to CPT, ICD-10, and/or risk adjustment guidelines
- Review pertinent medical records to validate/invalidate potential issues identified on claims
- Plan and maintain an individual audit schedule through coordination and communication directly with leadership and provider personnel for reviews as necessary
- Thoroughly document identified issues to support claim adjustments (including supporting medical record, clinical or coding rationale)
- Identify and document upstream process gaps driving incorrect payment
- Responsible for the security and privacy of any and all protected health information that may be accessed during normal work activities
- Leverages clinical and coding expertise to assure proper documentation is available in the medical record and that it is complete for coding requirements and claim submission
- Reports non-entered charges and reconciles errors for claim submission
- Identifies opportunities to train co-workers, medical staff and professionals regarding documentation
- Meet expectations regarding productivity, code assignment accuracy, deadlines and documentation consistency
- Collaborate with the clinical team and Director of Revenue Cycle to resolve queries and ensure progression of the claim through the revenue cycle management process
- Adapt to new platforms and coding situations quickly and enjoy learning new processes
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- 3+ years of ICD-10 coding experience (required)
- Active Professional Medical Coding Certification (CPC, CCS, etc.) (required)
- Active Certified Risk Adjustment Coder Certification (CRC) (required)
- ICD-10 Coding Certification (preferred)
- Experience with eClinicalWorks electronic medical records system (preferred)
- Experience with medical record documentation, medical chart auditing/quality experience (preferred)
- Experience (1+ year(s)) with chart extraction for risk adjustment coding (highly preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, anatomy and physiology, major disease processes, and pharmacology
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- 12 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, home equipment, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
Pay range is $52,000 – $60,000 annually. (The referenced salary range is based on the Company’s good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level).