Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a real estate investor and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 7,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Operations Process Coordinator functions as a liaison between Operations and Accounting. This position’s primary responsibility is identifying areas where the business can improve processes and workflows in order to remain competitive, efficient and cost effective. In addition, this position meets with management and stakeholders to identify areas for improvement and develop strategies to enhance business processes. This includes, analyzing and streamlining processes and overseeing updates to process in order to keep work processes going as smoothly as possible. The Process Coordinator will also track teaching hours and convert those hours into time that can be invoiced, enter data, and resolve questions or concerns regarding invoicing.
- Document procedures, processes and projects, and ensure they are kept up to date.
- Develop plans to support process improvement initiatives across Operations, including developing forms and processes that increase accuracy and productivity.
- Implement new processes based on continuous operational improvement, enhancing productivity and reducing re-work.
- Train associates on new processes and correct procedures.
- Develop communication methods to keep all levels of involved personnel current on project and activity progress.
- Coordinate with management on project support and administrative functions providing process and operational support to the various teams, including: coordination of reporting, data collection, data reconciliation, coordination, and completion of special projects across various teams.
- Responsible for oversight of invoice processing to ensure accurate and complete billing and collections.
- Obtain information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete.
- Develop data entry procedures.
- Track event based invoicing items (workshops, coaching) and ensure that associated expenses have been received.
- Track hours and convert hours worked into time which can be invoiced.
- Enter data into system and verify the authenticity of the data being entered, paying great attention to details.
- Submit completed invoice requests to Accounting.
- Work to resolve invoicing questions/issue regarding LIEA/School questions and/or funding/PO discrepancies, including assisting Accounting with collection issues.
- Maintain records regarding payments and account statuses.
Colorado candidates pay range for this role is: $43,000-$45,000
- Associate’s Degree in related field (Bachelor’s Degree preferred). A combination of education and experience could be substituted.
- 1-2 years of experience analyzing, developing, implementing and updating processes and procedures to reduce cost, as well as increase efficiencies and accuracy.
- 1 year of basic accounting/accounts receivable experiences preferred.
- Experience performing administrative and clerical tasks such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Driven by seeing improvements, launching new processes and reducing pain points for internal and external customers.
- Highly analytical with the ability to define practical problems, collect data, establish facts and use good judgment to draw valid conclusions to solve problems.
- Skilled with thorough research and record keeping skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a stellar work ethic.
- Team-oriented: engaging in open communication, successfully reducing errors and improving product quality.
- Strong and structured communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as listening skills. This includes the ability to motivate others to follow processes (new and existing).
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment and high speed growth.
- Customer service oriented, working in a courteous and efficient manner while demonstrating positive customer service with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to follow guidelines with minimal direction.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.