Live Chat Technical Customer Service Advisor
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Student Success brings virtualized support and technology-enabled solutions to the world’s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better education experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
Student Success is hiring for remote, work from home opportunities with immediate availability and schedules that offer flexibility.
Primary position responsibilities will include:
- Resolving end user inquiries by utilizing chat technologies
- Provide complete and accurate information to customers on every live chat interaction by researching account activity and notes promptly and efficiently
- Handling and resolving situations with customers in a timely and effective manner
- Assisting management with special projects relating to customer service
- Responding to all inbound chats and assisting management for the entire shift with exception of assigned break times
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computers, printers, phones, and other peripheral equipment
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Performing software installations
- Performing remote troubleshooting
- Walking customers through outlined problem-solving processes, using our knowledge base system
- Asking questions to determine nature of problem
- Serving as first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over chat
- Able to work from home
- Able to sit and work at a desk and on the computer for extended periods of time
- Must have a quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled shift
- Home office must have DSL, Cable, or Fiber Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via Ethernet (Dial up, Wireless, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Must have either an ISP-provided modem that allows a third party VOIP or a personal modem and personal router without restrictions
- Must be able to wire company hardware directly into the router, which may not be more than 100 feet from your computer
- Minimum download speed 15 Mbps and Minimum upload speed 5 Mbps and 100 MS ping or less
- Must be able to pass a typing speed test and type 50 WPM
- Ability to take inbound (voice) phone calls in a conversation-heavy environment
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Flexible to work a variable schedule, including evenings and weekends, based on call center needs
- Proficient organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet, along with basic data entry and word processing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 1+ years of professional customer service experience, preferably in a large Call Center environment as a chat agent
- Some level of college completed
- Able to easily operate a computer learning and adapt quickly to software applications
- Able to troubleshoot caller issues and provide supporting help documentation
- Committed to quality and service matrix and culture
- Able to quickly adapt to face changing situations
- Able to provide positive customer experience
- Self-motivated, accountable approach combined with strong sense of teamwork
- Strong sense of customer service with enthusiastic, energetic, and professional behavior
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is available for candidates residing in the following states: AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI, WV