At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Plaid’s Brand team is a diverse group of marketing designers, web designers, copywriters, strategists, and other specialists responsible for creating and evolving Plaid’s brand. As a Motion Designer, you’ll sit with the Brand Studio team: a group of specialist designers responsible for maintaining our brand system, including the foundational elements of our visual design (brand guidelines, typography, color palettes, presentations, illustration, and more). You’ll collaborate with other designers, copywriters, strategists, and outside agencies on large initiatives—either directly or by giving mentorship and feedback—to tell complex stories with simple, effective motion graphics.
We’re looking for a talented Motion Designer to join our Brand Studio team. You’ll concept, create, and edit eye-catching video content for multiple channels and touchpoints, as well as partner with the brand team to cultivate a consistent motion design language across all surfaces. We’re looking for a passionate, creative storyteller with experience designing assets for a variety of marketing campaigns, which may include short/long-form video content, product demos, social posts, or paid ads. Your work will help to elevate our brand through videos and animations that explain what we do, what our products are, and why they matter—which in turn, will help millions of people have a better understanding of their own financial data.
- Making the world of finance and tech more accessible and inclusive through better design and visual storytelling
- Coming up with creative and unexpected ways to make complicated ideas easier to understand
- Getting to the heart of what we’re trying to communicate and the emotions we’re trying to evoke
- Leveling up our brand by bringing world-class motion graphics to various surface areas, from marketing to product experiences
- Bringing character illustrations and infographics to life through animation
- Making our products easier to understand through UI animations and demos
- Working with our brand and design system teams to build on our foundations and develop a comprehensive motion system, from principles to reusable components
- Building relationships with brand, product, and growth marketing to come up with elegant and effective campaign solutions
- Providing feedback and mentorship to designers who are looking to improve their motion graphics skills
- 3+ years of experience developing, designing and animating video assets for leading brands and/or agencies
- Experience integrating motion design in video production and post production workflows
- Experience developing, animating and editing motion design graphics for live and pre-recorded eventsIncredible portfolio of work with top notch video and motion graphics
- Proven record of delivering beautiful motion assets for a variety of budgets and surface areas (web, social, product demos, presentations) to create a consistent motion language across the funnel (awareness, conversion, advocacy, etc.)
- Fluency in After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, and Figma
$118,600 – $160,400 a year
Target base salary for this role is between $118,600 and $160,400 per year. Additional compensation in the form(s) of equity and/or commission are dependent on the position offered. Plaid provides a comprehensive benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Pay is based on factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience and skillset, and location. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn’t fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!