Everyday Health Group (EHG) is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 74 million health consumers and over 890,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare providers, consumers and payers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
Everyday Health Consumer is looking for a remote freelance assigning editor to assist the editorial team with assigning in-depth product reviews, roundups, and articles. Ideally, you’re an experienced editor (and perhaps a former managing editor) who would enjoy brainstorming content ideas, creating and assigning prompts to writers, and managing writers. The Marketplace editorial team creates content that persuades and educates readers about the health-related products and services that can make their lives better every day.
- Assign in-depth product reviews, roundups, and articles to the best-suited writers.
- Maintain timely correspondence with writers concerning questions, help with subject matter expert sourcing, deadline issues, and more. Keep the rest of the team updated on assignment progress.
- Contribute to content brainstorming, trends and competitive research.
- Assist in sourcing and evaluating new writing talent on a consistent basis.
- Manage outreach and onboarding process of new writers.
- Help maintain a current database of Marketplace writers.
- Three to five years of professional editing experience
- Well-versed in SEO best writing practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and return high-quality original work
- Prior experience, knowledge or interest in health-related topics, products, and services
- Nimble and willing to test and iterate
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and evolve your work
Our Culture and Values
We created our values together to guide our collective purpose and pursuits. We are collaborators and problem solvers. We empower one another to make informed decisions and to be enabled towards action. We embrace success. We recognize that innovation can spark and be born from any of us no matter our individual role or background. We encourage open mindedness and sensitivity to each other and our environment. Our personal and professional passions get ignited, nurtured and supported. We value that doing is greater than talking as the most measurable means of impact. Our collective purpose to deliver enlightened audience experiences with trusted brands is what drives the success of our business and our professional satisfaction.
*Note: Disclosure as required by CO sb19-085 (8-5-20), NYCHRL, and CA SB-1162: and WA SB5761: the salary compensation for this role when being performed in CO, NYC, CA or WA is $50-75 per new article, and $30-50 for article optimization. Compensation for this business unit specific role is based on a variety of factors including experience, scope of the role, capabilities to perform the role, as well as business & company performance.