The Marketing Copywriter will craft high-quality marketing copy and content that will help advance awareness of and engagement with Purdue research. The Marketing Copywriter will develop a deep understanding of the Purdue University brand and the value proposition of the Office of Research, its Institutes and Centers, and priority Purdue research initiatives, to help create informative, inspiring marketing and website content that will engage and mobilize the university’s target audiences. The Marketing Copywriter will work closely with research faculty and staff and Office of Research team members to develop and amplify content across a variety of channels. Superior writing and editing skills are critical to success in this position. Finalists for this position will be asked to provide relevant writing samples.
The Office of Research Communications works to enhance the university’s research reputation through written and visual storytelling, print and digital marketing materials, social posts and more. The Marketing Copywriter will report to the Director of Multimedia in the Office of Research Communications (ORC) and will be a critical contributor to the research communications team.
This position has the ability to be 100% remote.
For full consideration, writing samples are required with your application submission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate compelling, clear, and error-free content for a variety of mediums, including handouts, brochures, websites, and various print and digital channels
- Manage all copy projects to completion. Interface with research faculty and staff to understand the organization, gather relevant information, write compelling copy, and lead the stakeholder review and approval process
- Proactively manage workload through team project management software (Asana) and communicate important deadlines to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with organizational leadership, campus partners, and project team(s) to gather statistics, background and stakeholder information, and any other relevant project information
- May also work with partners across campus on fact-checking and approval process
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, English, advertising, journalism, public relations, or related discipline
- Two (2) years of professional writing experience writing across mediums and with a research-oriented organization or technology company, following brand standards, and/or operating within identity guidelines
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- External or in-house agency experience preferred
- Finalists for this position will be asked to provide relevant writing samples
- Proficient expertise in MS Office and willingness to become proficient in other software and platforms
- Proficient in AP Style
- Understanding of writing applications in traditional and emerging channels
- Ability to streamline verbose content to focus main message in a concise, effective manner
- Consistent quality control in work
- Understanding of specific channels or vertical markets as required by job function
- Demonstrated ability to adapt style of copy to various audiences, purposes, or media
- Competency conceptualizing and presenting creative work
- Strong organizational abilities, including time and resource management
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with external and internal constituents
- Project management skills, including gathering input and building consensus
- Ability to manage many projects concurrently and be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Familiarity with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply