Live Chat Customer Service Advisor
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com.
Student Success brings virtualized support and technology-enabled solutions to the world’s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better educational experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
Student Success offers remote, work from home opportunities with immediate availability and schedules that offer flexibility.
Primary position responsibilities will include:
- Resolving end user inquiries by utilizing multiple technologies including chat and web-based inquiries
- Providing complete and accurate information to customers on every live chat interaction by researching account activity and notes promptly and efficiently
- Handling and resolving situations with customers in a timely and effective manner
- Assisting management with special projects relating to customer service
- Responding to all inbound chats and assisting management for the entire shift with exception of assigned break times
- Handling multiple job tasks at one time and escalating issues in a timely manner
- Able to sit and work at a desk and on the computer for extended periods of time
- Able to maintain a quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled shift
- Able to pass a typing speed test and type 50 WPM
- Ability to take inbound (voice) phone calls in a conversation-heavy environment
- Full professional proficiency in written and spoken English (equivalent to CEF B2 level or above)
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to work a variable schedule, including evenings and weekends, based on call center needs
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet, along with basic data entry and word processing skills
- At least 1 year of professional customer service experience, preferably in a large Call Center environment as a chat agent
- Willing to accept a temporary assignment
- Must reside within an approved state*
- Must be able to work from home with the following internet requirements: High-speed Internet Connection (Cable, Fiber, DSL)
- 20 Mbps Download
- 10 Mbps Upload
- 100ms Ping or less
- Jitter: 40 MS or less
- Hardwired Connection
- Wired connection from the modem/router to the device, no splits/gaps or usage of Wi-Fi bridges
- College degree or some level of college completed
- Able to easily operate a computer learning and adapt quickly to software applications
- Able to troubleshoot caller issues and provide supporting help documentation
- Committed to quality and service matrix and culture
- Able to quickly adapt to face changing situations
- Able to provide positive customer experience for customers
- Self-motivated, accountable approach combined with strong sense of teamwork
- Strong sense of customer service with enthusiastic, energetic, and professional behavior
- Good organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management skills
Pay rate is $12/hour. We use national and industry-specific survey data to assist in determining compensation. Additionally, we consider factors such as external market rate, budget for the role, and the compensation rates of current employees performing the same function. Some roles will have variable pay.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
*This position is available for candidates residing in the following states: AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, WI, WV