Employer: Guardian Life Insurance
Do you thrive in a fast-paced learning environment and possess the skills to enable others to succeed? As a Learning Specialist supporting Enterprise Customer Service, you will play a key role in the planning, design, development, implementation, and continuous maintenance of your business stakeholders’ training programs. This position supports the Group Benefits Services contact center, and you will be actively involved with the business management team to conduct ongoing training needs analyses and develop training solutions utilizing various delivery methods and assess the effectiveness of the solutions. You will research and recognize emerging patterns, summarize results, and provide recommendations for actions to address gaps and/or potential opportunities.
- Facilitate onboarding and/or upskilling programs, as well as other L&D initiatives in response to changing needs for your designated business areas.
- Provide L&D consultation to understand the training needs of all assigned business areas, maintaining an appropriate level of organizational literacy to be able to substantively contribute to the success of the business based on its strategy.
- Apply training best practices based on adult learning theory to best meet learning needs; methods include but are not limited to virtual instructor-led classroom, e-learning, self-study, social media tools, video, conference calls, etc.
- Partner closely with Instructional Technologists to develop online training.
- Consistently identify new training approaches, practices, and processes to improve efficiency of training development.
This position reports to the Manager, Learning & Development who, in turn, reports to the Leader, Learning & Development within the Strategy, Governance and Enablement organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Communication or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong knowledge of Group Benefits Services preferred
- Strong knowledge of learning and development methodologies; formal design and development approaches, adult learning best practices, industry training technologies used to deploy, maintain, and monitor learning to geographically dispersed customers
- Experience with training design and delivery
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills and an aptitude for public speaking
- Exceptional business communication skills, including ability to deliver messaging to key stakeholders and senior leaders
- Ability to develop cross-business connections, and build collaborative relationships
- An aptitude for thriving in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
Location & Vaccination Requirements
- The primary location for this position is remote, with an “at home” work arrangement.
- Covid – 19 vaccinations not required unless you voluntarily visit one of our campus locations or are attending an in-person company sponsored event.
Up to 10% Travel required for this position
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.