VSolvit is seeking a general clerk to support our contracts department to and to support our General Counsel and Contracts team. The ideal candidate will bring a working level knowledge of contracts, either a Bachelors or an Associates degree and experience in an administrative capacity. If you have been working in contracts, but looking to add to your experience, VSolvit would like to speak to you. You will learn from some of our industry’s best, and become an integral part of a dynamic and successful team.
We are seeking the individual with
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Under the general supervision of the General Counsel, the CoGeneral Clerk in Contracts department (Remote) will provide support primarily to VSolvit’s Contracts Department in all aspects of contracts administration.
The General Clerk will operate within a fast-paced, business critical environment and will be assisting in the preparation of contracts, will support the team in managing and organizing contract data, will assist in tracking contracts workflow, and will support and collaborate with team members to ensure streamlined accomplishment of contracts and business development goals.
You will work closely with the Contracts Administrator. As with any position, additional expectations exist. Some of these are, but are not limited to, adhering to normal working hours, meeting deadlines, following company policies as outlined by the Employee Handbook, communicating regularly with assigned supervisor, and staying focused on the assigned tasks.
- Assist with the development, and the maintainance of contract templates.
- Will support the team in the preparation, review, and the execution of non-disclosure, teaming, and subcontract agreements as well as prime contract awards, modifications, and purchase orders.
- You will support, you will work closely and will collaborate with cross-functional departments (e.g., Legal, Business Development, Finance) in support tof contract administration and other activities as required.
- You will provide administrative and clerical support to the team, including contract kick-off, management, administration,
- Organize, log, and maintain all pending and active contracts-related documents in the company database.
- Log contract data in the company’s accounting system in coordination with the Finance Department and Program Contract Analysts for contact billing/invoicing.
- Keep accurate track of, follow up on, and ensure timely completion of all taskings within the Contracts Department.
- The General Clerk will assist in coordinating the Debriefing requests, System for Award Maintenance (SAM) registration, contracts representations and certifications, business license and LLC maintenance/housekeeping.
- Analyze past contracts and current contracts processes to identify gaps and optimize best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Will support the preparation and the submission of required contractual reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree OR Associates degree
- 0-2 years of administrative experience
- Working knowledge of government contracts
- 1-2 years ofÂ federal government contracting experience
- 1-2 years ofÂ complete contract lifecycle managementÂ experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google platform(e.g., Drive, Docs, Sheets).
- Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure within time constraints.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with customers (internal and external) at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain positive, professional behavior in all situations.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Strong commitment to being a team player/contributor.
- Highly-motivated, proactive, and resourceful.